Monday, 30 October 2017

Scene through a window...

Happy Monday,

Today's card is a prefect way to use your media plate and stamped images that don't come out the way you want!

Thats exactly what happened with this stamped image I didn't like the larger piece so I framed it with the embossing folder and added snow as a shaker card to clever the bits i didn't like!



I started by taking an image I weans pleased with and started the framing.  I cut the aperture in the centre of a piece of white card then embossed it with the Snowflake circle embossing folder.  I used gold Izink pigment ink pad and gently rubbed form the centre out over the embossed surface.  This gives the gold tinge on the snowflakes which fades to the edges.

Next I cut a smaller aperture in a piece of green then again in gold card adding a layer of acetate between the white and green.  I then added some snow and foam mounted this over the gold before adding the image.

I then simply matted and layers the card and added a bow and hat pin!

Enjoy...




33 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you, this is wow card so pretty.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a beautiful shaker card and don't believe you had one that didn't look great.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card John, loving the colours.I have never made a shaker card,perhaps I should.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, shaker cards are one of my favourite makes. Yours is lovely, especially with the subtle gold on the embossed frame. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning John
    Love this shaker card today.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card John, it’s good to know you make mistakes the same as we mere mortals.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! As you know, John, there are no mistakes in crafting, just happy accidents! There's always a way to use them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How well it turned out in the end!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, lovely creation today made from something that just wasn't right - we have all had them from time to time (yes I get lots) and some go in the bin but you have shown us how to utilise our other craft products to create a lovely card, the bow just makes it pop.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    I have always loved how can change a mistake into a beautiful card.
    Keep up the great work.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card You’d never guess that this piece may have ended up in the bin It’s gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    A lovely card, and a great lesson for us all to think outside the box a bit.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Love the card, find the bow too much of a distraction.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John,
    This is beautiful - and clever!!!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John. This card looks so beautiful and I'm now going to give it a go myself. Love all your new folders and had to buy them all. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card John so Christmas this one for me love it
    Thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clever way of using something not quite right, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John what a good save this is a stunning card. Thank you for the tips. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning john, lovely colours and design, I am partial to a shaker card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    What a beautiful creation from something with which you weren’t happy ! You are very clever.
    Gorgeous card!
    Many thanks, Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. John this is beautiful, how come your mistakes comes stunning and mine just look a complete mess lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. Love the colours of this one and the fact that you have managed to create a wintery scene without using the normal colours.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your color combination is very pleasing to my eyes. Good job of using a designed image that you were not pleased with after stamping. Thanks for the suggestion to "save" an art work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, like what you have done with this card, and love the colour combination.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Would love that to be the scene out of my window. Fab card.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A brilliant card John. Love it. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete