Happy Tuesday,
I had a wonderful time at the mini show at the Holiday in Kent on Sunday meeting so many lovely people. One of the demos I did was this piece I have used for the centre of this card. I love getting the pieces I have made on demos home so that I can, with my full craft stash as I can't take everything with me, make these into finished cards and samples.
Today's card is made using my Oval jedi-late as well as just 2 colours of ink and 3 stamps! I stared by adding blue and purple pigment into the media plate. I then brayered this to smooth the ink and used 2 of the leaves from my circle leaves set to stamp onto the plate to pick up the ink and then stamping this onto the card. I continued removing the ink and adding it back on 2 corners of the oval. This gives, as shown stamped images that have both colours.
Next I stamped the oval so that the areas I had removed the ink show as shadowed showing the white card below. I added more of the blue ink using the mini blending tool ( Finally back in stock for next Tuesday's Hochanda shows) and stamped this to gradient the oval.
I then stamped the butterfly stamp in the blue around the oval.
Once I got the piece home I added some shaded roses at each end along with leaves cut with scraps of card I had cleaned my brayer on ( I run my brayer over plain card to clean it between uses which makes a brilliant shaded piece perfect for die cutting)
I added mats and layers of a matching purple and cobalt blue with a few white layers thrown in for good measure!
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card and beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
John l just love this card it’s beautiful. Joycex
ReplyDeleteHello John, a beautiful card, love the oval shape, really different. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteI love the colours you hsve used on this card xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Must get going with my media plates again making Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card .Love the colours.
Jan
Great customer, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, oh this has turned out amazingly, I had the very great pleasure of seeing you do this one on Sunday, you were so popular with everyone crowding round you all day, you must have been so tired, but everyone was over the moon with what you were doing, hope you hurry back soon. The colours of the matt and layering really do set this off to perfection, as you always do.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card John, love the colours
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother brilliant example of your great talent, love it.
Have a great day
Patricia x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and great technique.
B xx
Lovely I just wish my scraps were as pretty as these
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a really pretty card today, love the colours. I can't wait to get my media plates out and have a play (I wonder where I have put them?)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John
ReplyDeleteA really stunning card. Your colour choice is beautiful!
Lesley x
What another beautiful card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, love the colours you have used.
Lydia
X
Great card John love the colours
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Really beautiful. I love the little butterflies. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful colours resulting in a masterpiece, I must have another play with my gel plates!
Christmas cards have dominated recently.
Regards
Heather R Oxfordshire
Lovely card John. Just been playing catch up for the last couple of weeks cards. All lovely of course.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good holiday. Bet the rest did you the world of good.
I had a longer time in UK than planned (thanks RyanAir) and so relieved to be home.
Love Valxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card, the purple and the blue go together so well.
beautiful card John
ReplyDeletehugs Helen xx
Absolutely stunning card John, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card. It is so nice to know that you make use of the beautiful things you make at demos. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card design and color combination. I am liking this very much. Perfection.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLove this and the colours you've chosen are beautiful.
Maureen x
Hi John, Lovely card and colour combination is just great,glad you enjoyed your show.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteWow John what a beautiful card. Who would not love to receive this card.
ReplyDeleteLovely colour combination,
Wendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really gorgeous card . I love how you have done this! From scraps you create a masterpiece!
Many thanks,
Love Myra xx
John this is totally stunning, i love the colours and how you have stamped it. Those flowers finish it off just right. I really love this and so admire your talent.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card.
ReplyDeleteLove the colour on this card, just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMy favourite colour scheme and a very attractive ensemble.
I didn't realise you were a Star Wars fan lol!.......will Tuesday be a return of the Jedi lol?
Ang x
Hi John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card, love the colours, and "throwing in a bit of white" really makes a difference.... fabulous
June x
A beautiful card John. Thank you so much for sharing this and giving us so much detail of how it was made. Very busy day today and another one tomorrow. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, John. A clean looking card with great colours, stunning focal point and complimentary mats and layers. Thank you. Crafter by the Sea, north Norfolk. Take care. xx
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card John. You are a very popular man and do great work. I would love to visit one of your shows but with my very limited sight and even more limited hearing it would be too frustrating for words. (Tried it once and it didn't work)
ReplyDeleteYOU DID IT AGAIN..THIS IS A STUNNINGLY, BEAUTIFUL CARD! Again, ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITES, and I have quite a few of yours that I just love..IS there any place we can see how you make these cards? I live in the US? IF there is anyone who can tell me I would appreciate that to. I am a more visual learner, but I THINK I could figure it out. I would still like to see John as he makes his cards..THESE COLORS are my Favorite Colors to work with especially in the Spring and Summer...Thank you again, John.
ReplyDelete