Sunday, 15 October 2017

silver trees...

Happy Sunday,

Today I am demoing at the Oyster Stamps open day in kent, if you are around the area pop in and say hi!

Todays card is a silver version of a card I posted last month however having just got my hands on the Silver gilt metal sheets I really wanted to see how different it looked and the silver allowed me to add snow at the bottom which didn't work very well in the gold!







I added 2 sheets of the silver gilt to a piece of card with double sided adhesive sheets then embossed it using my Winter Trees embossing folder.  to make the silver show properly I smoothed over black versafine ink and polished the excess off using a soft cloth ( kitchen roll market the silver so I used an offset of cotton)

I then  simply added the 2 Amy design deer dies cut in black gloss card.  I then added glue across the bottom and used the Crafts Too snow over this to give a fluffy base to the card.

To finish I added a few layers of black white and silver to make a large yet flat card perfect for a winter birthday.

Enjoy...

32 comments:

  1. Another lovely card John.I really like this e/f it sets the deer off a treat. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a gorgeous card I do like the silver and black version.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card John. Loving my folders. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a beautiful card today, I like the idea of the snow around the deer's feet and the silver gilt is wonderful, I wonder if you will have this at Oysters today, so looking forward to seeing you there later. Will Sam be with you?

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful It looks stunning in the silver

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, very striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great in the silver, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wintery looking card, you can almost feel the snow in the air just looking at it.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, a beautiful, elegant card, love the simplicity of the design. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card John enjoy your day
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    Another stunning card today.
    Love that deer dies, might have to get them although I already have a deer die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, fabulous card, so much atmosphere.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John I must say that I prefer the silver version card. Hope you are having a good time love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Stunning card,love the silver version.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eh up John
    Would indeed make a wonderful Winter birthday card. Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. Sorry I can't get to Oyster Stamps today, I really must remember to look at your future demo days on the Workshops and Demo Days Tab so that I can plan ahead properly. Love the frosty look of today's card.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello John,
    This is gorgeous.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,Absolutely beautiful I think the silver is just perfect for the scene, Have a great day,Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card John. Thank you. Hope you are having a good day at Oyster Stamps. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Kent. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Stunning card today. Love the trees embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    A lovely card and I do like these deer!
    Many thanks,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A traditional winter scene. Lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete