Saturday, 28 October 2017

3D Bauble...

Happy Saturday,

Today I am back on the road at the Craft Locker in poole doing workshops with a mixture of my Products.  I also wanted to explain the idea of complex simplicity I said yesterday!  I meant that you can get a complexity of look with simple techniques making an easy to make project look complex( there clear as mud!)


I thought I would share another card made using the bauble media plate and this time the build a wreath clear stamp set.  Whilst this set is designed to make stamping wreathes easy ( and for any occasion not just Christmas) it also has lots of smaller elements that you can use for many other projects.

The bible is made simply by stamping three of the stamps in different colours onto the media plate before stamping this not card.  This technique allows you to go over the edges of the bauble and make it look more 3D with images running off the edge.

Once stamped I used the petal blenders to shade around the edges of the bauble to make the 3D element come to life.  Finally I inked the top of the bauble using black ink to finish the top.

I made up the reminder of the card using my star stream embossing folder with the stitch dot oval die cut in the centre.  I added a strip of pearls and a really simple bow so that bauble wasn't just floating.


Enjoy...

26 comments:

  1. Morning John, another beautiful card using yout fantastic plates, enjoy your day.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, this is absolutely gorgeous, yes I mean that, so easy for batch cards too, I have got to try this out. Enjoy Poole.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card John.Have a good day in Poole.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Thank you.
    A lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Clean and neat card,I think it just needs a sentiment. Enjoy Poole.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bauble. A couple of things arrived yesterday which I've yet to try. Too beautiful a day to stay inside and there is so much to do in the garden. Card making on hold...
    Have a good day - Anne and I will be lacemaking as its our Lace Day.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John,
    Yesterday and today's cards are brilliant, I love the effect you have created on both.
    Have a great weekend of workshops
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, love it. Have a great day in Poole
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very classy. It reminds me a bit of a Chinese lantern! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, a great Christmas card. Love the colour combination.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A great quick and easy card and a very classy result.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, love the card today, the vibrant red is always a winner for Christmas. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well your colours are fabulous John, beautifully designed card have A super weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John,
    This is lovely and it really does look 3D ! Believe it or not I understood what you meant yesterday! I just need to practice the techniques more! Love how you made the bauble cap black - it really stands out! Lovely card.
    Thanks John, enjoy your day and safe travel!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the CAS lines of this card and the wat the bauble looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card. Thank you. Like Myra I need to practice the techniques. Used the Christmas scene stamps yesterday. Like the village scene and have made two cards with it so far. Had my flu jab this morning. Hope I don't have a reaction to it. Enjoy your weekend. Take care travelling.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,I liked this one when I saw it on the show,the new products make everything look so achievable,at least in my mind !! Have a good weekend,stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John,
    Brilliant card today, I love it and the techniques you've used. Enjoy Poole, everyone will have a great time.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card, John. Like others, I need to practise the techniques. I hope all goes well tomorrow - I know everyone will have fun.

    Anne (Northampton}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. I really love the simplicity of this card with shows off the beauty of the ornate bauble. Great card.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    The bauble looks like its 3D.
    Great card!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete