Tuesday, 9 October 2018

Under the sea...

Happy Tuesday,

Ive been playing with the new Izibnk Spay inks and the Gophers hotfooting machine for todays card and whilst darker than my usual offerings I love the look of this card!




I foiled the seahorse and the frame hot foil stamps sing my go press and then matched colours of the izink inks.  I sprayed a piece of card with the petrol and ocean inks which dried straight away giving the chalky look and du=ie cut the coral pale die from couture creations.


I added velum behind this and tied string arround before adding the foiled seahorse.

I then sprayed the background piece and embossed this with a folder from my stash.  I stamped the sentiment and then dry brushed white chalk paint over the card before making up the finished project.

I added the whole piece to another panel of the sprayed card and finished.

Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. Hello John, a lovely card, the foiling is really delicate but stands out well. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a great card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, lovely card today, wish I could afford the foiling machines.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    A fabulous card, lots of texture and interest. Perfect for the men in our lives.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card John. Lots of different things in this card. Thank you. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card John.... glad you enjoyed your Birthday
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to look twice a this one John on my dashboard, so not your usual style but lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodmorning

    Ooooow I very much like this card Mr Lockwood!

    Heather R Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, very different but lovely.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A different style for you - I like it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous,love the backing and what a fab seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful love the sea horse I will have to get this die my great grandson would love this one thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John this is a stunning card I just love it. That seahorse is fabulous. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love your card John, adore seahorses and this one is beautiful, lovely design and texture to your card too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John. I really like this card even though it is not your usual style. Had a bit of trouble trying to find the Gophers Hotfooting machine until I realised you were referring to a hotfoiling machine!

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Very different for you not sure it's my cup of tea.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John fabulous card the seahorse is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card just love Seahorses might use some of your ideas for a card as long as you dont mind xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John,
    This is just magical, I absolutely love it.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the textures going on in this card John.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very mixed media looking Love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this one! I know winter hasn't started but I'm always ready for summer.
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete