Friday, 26 October 2018

Christmas Friday...

Happy Friday,

I thought it was time I reintroduced Christmas Friday where I post a festive inspiration project every friday.

Todays project is made using the cut and emboss folders this time the baubles and I have made a separate shaker element for each of the three baubles.  I cut the folder firstly in watercolour card then twice more in funky foam ( Available form all good craft shops)  I Spray glued the card front to a piece of acetate and then added the two layers of foam behind.  This makes separate shaker cups that here I filled with microbeads and stars.













I finished the card with some gentle shading in blue and the Swirl ivy in green and a poinsettia cut in vellum and shaded in blue.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Hi John
    A beautiful card. Great idea for a shaker card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh I like this sample, great idea about the funky foam so that you get separate shaker options and you can fill with different items, yes great idea. Special hugs xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very clever way of making a shaker card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card John. Have got lots of funky foam so will get to use some of it. Great idea. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, This is just lovely,very unusual but very very appealing.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card John A great way to use funky foam - no risk of “bits” escaping AND no sagging too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one John but am a bit confused, is the acetate also embossed? Love your shaker stars and microbeads inside, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and I love the folder but having problems finding the right sandwich to use with the grand calibration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card John, what a wonderful design, just love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card John. Email has returned lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John,
    Another gorgeous card today with good tips about using the funky foam.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    what aa very wonderful card and those baubles look so gorgeous.
    Love this wonderful design and colours used.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John lovely card the baubles look great

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting how the micro beads look like bubbles in the baubles. Could use in the Champagne bottles.... I was thinking about those tree lights many years ago that "bubbled". A great Christmas card, John!
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete