Monday, 8 October 2018

Layered Flakes...

Happy Monday,

Firstly thankyou for all the wonderful Birthday wishes yesterday I had  a very relaxing day off so its back to the girndstone now!  Todays card is made using the snowflake lattice background.


















I cut the die out in a light blue a navy blue and white ( all Linen Card from Crafts Too)  I then layered them rotating the die each time.

I then added the white snowflakes over the top.
















For the backing I cut squares of the three colours and added a different square in a lattice pattern behind each snowflake to give the patchwork feel.

I finished with mats and layers to make the panel into an 8"x8" card and added stick on crystals in the corners and points of all the snowflakes.


Enjoy...

21 comments:

  1. Morning John, so pleased you enjoyed your day off yesterday and celebrated your birthday, it is nice to have a quiet day and re-charge the batteries.

    Today's card is gorgeous, these are lovely dies, they cut beautifully.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card so glad you had a good day.
    Have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday John, hope you had a fabulous day. The card is lovely today. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card John.
    Glad you enjoyed your birthday. Hope your batteries are recharged.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes from me too John. I’m pleased you enjoyed your day. Today’s card is wonderful, I love it.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday yesterday John. Glad you enjoyed your day.
    Today’s card is lovely.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday John
    A beautiful card and love the patchwork effect Not sure I’d be able to manage that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello John....I had no idea it was your birthday - I hope you had a lovely day and lots of cake (and cheese!).
    love
    Maggie (Yorkite) the ONLY Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card today, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday for yesterday John the card is stunning thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card, it looks quite complicated but by your description it's much easier than I first thought.
    Happy belated birthday John.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh John this is a stunning card those snowflakes are gorgeous. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your birthday. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John lovely card the layers of snowflakes are beautiful Belated Happy Birthday for yesterday glad you enjoyed your day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Great card, Happy Birthday for yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card John. Glad you enjoyed your day yesterday. We missed you. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. Lovely card again today. I my view you can never have too many snowflakes for Christmas cards.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Extra pretty snowflakes in shades of blue. I love this card and the die that made it.
    Glad you got to relax on your birthday!
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, Glad you got a day off for your birthday.Love the card looks so intricate,yet achievable.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love
    Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    Lovely to see you today and I hope all the technical hitches are sorted. Happy Birthday for yesterday.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card John, glad you enjoyed your birthday xx

    ReplyDelete