Tuesday, 23 October 2018

In the Blue...

Happy Tuesday,

Todays card uses more of the new Flower Moulding foam from Craft Artist for Crafts Too this time from the Winter pack.  Here I have tied it with navy blue Izink pigment ink and a cornflower card to make this bright blue card.

I made the background using the rectangle form my Bee Balm collection and backed this in white before making up the card as shown with navy striped ribbon.

Next I made up the flowers using my poinsettia die but I really feel these look more like lilies than poinsettia.  I shaded the ends of the petals with Izink navy pigment ink pad and shaped the petals with m,y fingers ( The foam can be moulded with heat but doesn't need it) and made up the flowers using a little diamond glitter and green Crafts Too Stamens.  I will be demoing the techniques and the foam on Hochanda on the 6th November .

I arranged the flowers across the centre of the card as I felt that no sentiment is needed, this card would brighten anyones day!

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Beautiful card and, brilliant flowers, thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, lovely creation today, will be watching the shows to see you doing these flowers.
    .
    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netty The Runner23 October 2018 at 08:35

    Absolutely stunning John, can’t wait to see the moulding foam.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card. What a vibrant blue.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    This would indeed brighten anyone’s day, what great shades of blue.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love it. Those flowers are gorgeous. I think I need some of that foam. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John Fabulous card the blue colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Mohn. It is certainly brightening my day. Thank you. Will be watching you make these flowers with the foam. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, beautiful in blue, love the flowers. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty will be watching on 6th November .love the blue my favorite colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, Just beautiful,can't wait for the shows.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous card today John love it & my favourite colour too.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous John I am really keen to see you demo this especially as you’re using the Poinsettia dies to make the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marie P.from Longridge24 October 2018 at 10:50

    Beautiful card John. Making the very best of the blues.
    Your posts are an inspiration.
    Regards.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete