Tuesday, 2 October 2018

Colour, Cut and Emboss...

Happy Tuesday,

 A simple card today made using the snowflake swirl cut and emboss folder.

I simply inked the folder using Izink Pigment ink in sky blue and ran it through my gemini to emboss, letterpress and cut the aperture.  I added a layer of silver mirror card using my media plate dies and made a background using silver Izink pigment ink and a finger dauber.  I coloured a stag form my deer scenes die and added this before adding a piece of snow acetate.

I extended the size from a square to a rectangle by adding a strip of ribbon at the top and matted the card as shown using a twisted mat to add more frame.

A few elegant snowflakes and complete.

Enjoy...


22 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh this is gorgeous, yes I like this I must admit I have the ef but have not ued them yt, been rather busy with other things.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, a lovely card, the folders really are fantastic and give such great results quickly. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card John thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John gorgeous card the snowy scene looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card, I love your deer dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John,
    A stunning card which looks anything but simple. I love it.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    Gorgeous card love the embossing folder Die & the colour is lovely.
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. What a really lovely card today. Love the embossing folder with all its detail, but the star of the show for me is the stag which looks so regal.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, Absolutely beautiful card,the folders are amazing and I really like the ribbon.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card I love the aperture design

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John ,
    I really like this one too!! I love blue which helps enormously as well!! Can’t wait to try some of your recent cards , crackers etc. Hopefully very soon now!
    Have a good week!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card I love everything about it. I hope you are having a good week. Take care. Hug Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card today. Thank you. Another one to try. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore your card and snowflake dies. I'm the proud owner of your layering snowflake die and just recently acquired your Champagne Bottle die. Wow!wow!wow! Big thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marie P. from Longridge3 October 2018 at 09:25

    Sorry to be a day late again but ( missed seeing it yesterday.
    A beautiful card John as all your cards are. That snowy acetate finishes it off perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing your talents.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty...cool. Your new cut & emboss set came and I am ready to have a go at some of your ideas.
    Thanks John!
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete