Monday, 22 October 2018

Square Poinsettia...

Happy Monday,

Today's creation is made using my Lantern die however I have used just 4 of the 6 panels to make a taller square box with the christmas tree stained glass die ( included in the set) simply cut form the front.  I have also used the Brand New Moulding foam form Craft Artist ( Christmas pack) to make the poinsettias flowing down the box, don't they look different in foam?















I made ups the lantern in 300gsm watercolour cared to add  little texture to the lantern and instead of using all six panels I cut 2 panels away to make the square box.  The great thins about this die is that the top is designed to fit whether you use 3, 4, 5 or 6 panels giving ultimate flexibility.

I cut the Christmas Tree stained glass die for the front panel and used the rectangular window die form the other 2 sides leaving the back solid.  All I would do to display this is add a candle ( battery powered of course)



The flowers are cut using my Poinsettia die cut form the new Craft Artist Flower moulding foam that launches on Hochanda on the 6th November.  The great thing about this foam is that you don't need heat to mould this, although you can use it, I simply moulded and twisted the petals in my hands making the flowers easy to make whilst sat in for of the TV.

Ive added a picture here of what the flower looks like if you use the stamp as well as the die which adds a level of details.

Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you just beautiful.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, lovely to see you back today, and what a beautiful sample you have given us, such a versatile die,m great idea to make it square, such ingenuity, and what a way to get the best out of the Lantern die. Looking forward to seeing you demo the foam on 6th November xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing creation. All the poinsettias are just gorgeous. I’m wondering where you have room to store all your lanterns without them getting spoilt?
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous I have yet to use any form of foam to create flowers so I will look forward to seeing the shows (I bet Mrs Duck will love this for her roses!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, Absolutely stunning,just love it and the poinsettias are beautiful.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John
    It's so beautiful! The poinsettia's are gorgeous and the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs x
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, this is a beautiful creation, and really has the wow factor. The Poinsettias in foam look great. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John lovely lantern the foam flowers look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lantern looks fantastic John, and I love your gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John this is absolutely stunning I love it. Those poinsettias in foam are gorgeous. I hope you are well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great centrepiece John xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. Love the flowers. Looking forward to seeing this foam being used. Looks a ‘must have’. Not had any electricity since 6am. Could be back at 3pm so am at my son’s as was getting very cold. Have gas heating but it also needs electricity. Couldn’t even make a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunner John just love it thank you
    June horrocks xxxxxxxxc

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello John,
    This lantern today is fabulous - as are all the rest you've done. Littlelamb, sorry to read about your electricity and hope it's back on now. I'll be down with your lantern soon ha ha.
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello John,
    This lovely lantern is yet another to add to my Pinned ones! I cut one out today and am most impressed as it went together beautifully! Thank you for giving us the tools! I’ve been awol - sorry about that just had migraine, been away and then been busy this past weekend! I’ve hearly caught up!
    Hope you are getting things in order now too!
    Many thanks,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete