I promised I would share this card this week and forgot sorry! This is the pop open card I showed on the Hochanda shows a couple of weeks ago.
I started by making ab background using the Bee Balm background by cutting it 4 times in each corner of a square piece of card. I cut away the extra card in the centre ( using this to make a large square does not make a neat panel) I then backed this with the Crafts Too Linen card in Violet adding gems in the centre of each flower.
I finished with layers of the white, violet and lilac to make a large 8"x8" card where the front panels can be tucked into each other to keep the sentiment ( or a secret message if you like) contained.
Ingredients:
JND Bee Balm Background die
JND Bee Balm Ovals
JND Small Butterflies
Crafts Too Linen Card - Violet, Lilac and White
Enjoy...
Morning John, a very unusual card with a secret message inside is excellent and lovely colours of card too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hello John, this card is gorgeous, love the idea of a hidden message, always something to surprise the recipient with. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, wow super duper card today, I like this idea very much, now that I have got all the bee balm collection I can try this out myself.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a brilliant card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Lovely card John. Thank you for the instructions.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card and idea.
B xx
Lovely design, gorgeous. Xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
This is a lovely idea which looks so effective. Also it’s not as deep a card so good for posting.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Clever So clever and as others have said it has lots of dimension but once folded is relatively flat for posting
ReplyDeleteHi John. Brilliant idea. SueL x
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a super idea, it makes a totally different card.
love Maureen x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLove this one! Aren’t you clever! We knew that though!
Many thanks,
Love Myra x
Lovely card John and as Myra says you are very clever. Think I could struggle making this one but will give it a try. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, you are clever.
ReplyDeleteGreat card for someone special as it would take a while to make!
Hi John oh what a lovely card such a brilliant idea to include a secret message I love it!
ReplyDeleteHi John,I absolutely love this idea and I think the card is beautiful.Have a great week end,stay healthy and happy
ReplyDeleteLots of Love Barbara D xxx
Lovley x
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a great idea to put a secret message on the front of the card. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Oh John this is a stunning card I just love it and the way it opens up is fab. Those dies are gorgeous. Have a great weekend I bet you are busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis was THE card on Hochanda the other day. I loved the way it folds up and then opens to reveal the sentiment. Very successful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend,
Stephanie K
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
x
Stunning card with a surprise!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and the colours are so appealing. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMarie P.