Wednesday, 6 June 2018
Mixing it up...
Happy Wednesday,
I have to admit I really love how this card looks, the background has been sat arround for a couple of weeks but it really stared to sing when I added the Pocket watch. I really like the mix of the mixed media style of the watch and the classic elegance of the background.
I stared by cutting the Bee Balm background twice into a piece of black card. I then backed this with vintage gold card form Limetree crafts. I added pearls on the centres of each flower and threaded May Arts ribbon through finishing with bow.
I made up my Time Flies die set pocket watch using scratch art card and gold dust white card ( Scratch art is the sand back card with black over copper)
I finished with a spray of the Swirling leaves cut and shaped in vintage gold card.
Ingredients:
JND Time Flies die set
JND Swirl Leaves die set
JND Bee Balm Background Die Set
May Arts ribbon
Crafts Too Scratch art Copper
Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi John
ReplyDeleteSimply great idea for this card mixing the styles together.I can imagine sending this card to my friends abroad.It's amazing.
Thanks for sharing.
Jan
Morning John, yes another beauty from the man next door, you can't go wrong with the watch dies and to combine them with the bee balm really does work, when I have a go at this one I might perhaps use a plain gold ribbon to make it look a bit different, what do you think.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John, a fabulous card, the combination of the dies really works, and love the pocket watch cut out of the scratch card. Very vintage . Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteJust one word WOW.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card. I wouldn't expect to like this mixture of styles, but I do!
B xx
Great card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Just lost my comment. A gorgeous card John. Thank you. Wouldn’t have thought to mix the two sets together. Brilliant idea. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteLove this, John. The dies really work well together.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John this is a stunning card. All those dies look fabulous together. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Gorgeous card the pocket watch looks great with the bee balm die love the combination of dies & colours in this one
ReplyDeleteLove this card John the time flies never fails
ReplyDeleteThank you love June Horrocks xxxx
Great card John, lovely composition.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the design of this card and also the way dies from different sets marry together so well.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, Really unusual and striking,love the colours.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteWow! This card is stunning!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love it!! xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is elegantly stunning and shows off your dies to perfection.
love Maureen x
I like this..time for a little bee balm. The card is very pleasing and even though ribbons are not for me (can barely tie my shoes!), I do think the large bow on this card is exactly right.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Wednesday,
Stephanie K
Mixed media at its best. A classic elegant card design. Fantastic job. Stunning card. Isn't it wonderful when a design comes together just so and delights one's psyche? This design deserves "a jump for joy" or atleast a "happy dance".
ReplyDeleteI love it too The colours makes it so opulent
ReplyDeleteFabulous mixed media card John, love the watch and your colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteVery different and very nice, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card which I Pinned yesterday but somehow forgot to leave a comment! Old age!!
Love Myra x