Saturday, 9 June 2018
Ocean Breeze...
Happy Saturday,
I am holding workshops at Colemans Craft Wharehouse in Rushden today Im really looking forward to it as we will be using mat Time Flies die and some new techniques as well as the Bee Balm Collection.
Today's card is again made with pieces left over form a demo I love to show what can be made quickly and that not every card has to have 2 hours spent on it!
I cut the largest die from the Bee Balm Ovals set twice facing each other into a piece of watercolours card. I left the die in place and shaded through this using Crafts Too finger daubers and Izink Ocean dye based ink pad. I then shaded the remainder of the card and cut it outs using the press cut notched square dies.
I then added shaded swirl leaves die cuts and Bee Balm flowers stamped in clear embossing powder and cut in Vellum. I shaded the edges of the petals using the same Ocean ink and made a spray of the flowers and leaves running through the centre adding Crafts Too Diamonds in the centres of the flowers and the flowers on the b background.
Finally I mounted this over a piece of silver mirror card and added crystal strips around the edge.
Ingredients:
JND Bee Balm Flowers stamps and die
JND Bee Balm Ovals die set
Press Cut Notched Squares die set
watercolours card
Izink Ocean dye Ink Pad.
Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous and beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and great colours.
B xx
Another lovely sample. Didn’t realise you were having a workshop at Coleman’s today but have fun.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colour you have used.
Lydia
X
Great card today, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Leftovers? Fantastic card made with them
ReplyDeleteHi John what a beautiful card love the flowers it was lovely meeting you at Bolton yesterday can’t wait to play with my goodies I bought enjoy your Saturday
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
Hello John, this card is stunningly beautiful. The aqua colour is very pretty. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, John. Don't think I'll get to Coleman's today but hope all goes well.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John. What a lovely delicate card again today. I love the way the swirly leaf die cuts add so much more detail to the cards without really being noticed.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Good morning John this is a stunning card it is just gorgeous I love it. I just spent three days on a card it isn't usually that bad. Have a great weekend. I am sure you will have lots of fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful John, enjoy your weekend, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John this is a really pretty card. Love the vellum on this card.
ReplyDeleteWendy x
A beautiful card John. I made one similar in lilac yesterday and was pleased with it. Have a good day. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteI love how you can construct such gorgeous cards from leftovers. I keep leftovers and then never use them usually.
ReplyDeleteHi John fabulous card with gorgeous colours
ReplyDeleteHi John, Just love the colour of this one,looks really delicate.Have a good day,stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteEvening John, sorry i am late, been at a workshop all day in Wales. This is beautiful and you know you cannot go wrong with my favourite colour.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Beautiful card John. I love the colours you have used and also the vellum.
ReplyDeleteI too save leftovers and have only just started to use them. Thanks to you.
Marie P.
This card might take me 2 hours to make but if I got this beautiful result, I wouldn't mind and I would have had fun. Love the beautiful flowers and that gorgeous blue.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Sunday,
Stephanie K