Happy Monday,
I had a fabulous weekend visiting all three of the Crafters Companion stores so thank you to everyone who attended one of the workshops or demo days!
Todays cards is one that I was asked to demo the techniques form at every store so I thought I should share it! There is only one main die for this card ( apart form the flowers etc) which means by altering the finishing touches its very economical to make lol
I started by cutting the Bee Balm background into a strip of lilac Crafts Too Linen card. I the slotted the die into the last row of flowers and cut again ( I demonstrated this technique on the Hochanda shows so you should be able to watch this on rewind)
One cot I spray glued this onto a piece of gold dust card and then repeated the technique so I had 2 long strips. I then cut one of these down the centre lengthwise and added one half on either side of the main piece.
I stamped the flowers onto a piece of vellum twice i coloured with Izink pigment dropper inks. I then cut these out using the matching die and shaped the flowers adding a Crafts Too Diamond in the centre.
I added a bow and strip of ribbon accross the top before making up the spray with the Swirl leaves and the Bee Balm flowers.
I cut the outline dies form the Large Butterflies in dire of the velum and added the detail die cut in white over the top. I shaped the wings and after adding more gems I added these to the spray in the centre.
I finally added a few pearl hatpins and finished.
Ingredients:
JND Bee Balm Background
JND Bee Balm Flowers Stamps set
JND Bee Balm Flower die
JND Swirl leaves die
JND Large Butterflies die set
Crafts Too Lilac linen card
Enjoy...
Morning John, a really beautiful card this morning, love the lilac card. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, absolutely gorgeous card, and the the lilac is a beautiful colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, This is quite simply stunning,just love everything about it.Glad you enjoyed your week end.Stay healthy and happy
ReplyDeleteLots of Love Barbara D xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Another gorgeous card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Morning John, so pleased that your hectic 3 days went so well at the Crafters Companion stores, there were some extra special people there to watch and learn from your demo's and workshops.
ReplyDeleteNow to the card, wow, what can I say, it is absolutely gorgeous, love every element of it and of course the colour choice is brilliant.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
A stunning card I love the vellum butterflies xx
ReplyDeleteLove it, xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
This is a lovely colour and a beautiful design.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Really beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card and beautiful flowers and butterflies.
B xx
Truly gorgeous
ReplyDeleteThe butterflies look extremely pretty cut in vellum and overlaid with white I thought they were stamped and embossed at first
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, hope you get some rest today you must be exhausted after all that demoing.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Not surprised you were asked repeatedly to demo this card, it's beautiful. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a really pretty card today. It just goes to show that you can make a really ornate card with very few dies.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
A beautiful card, John. I love the effect of the vellum.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
A beautiful card. Glad the weekend went well. I am sure everyone enjoyed it. Take care.xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Wow what a stunning card the vellum butterflies are gorgeous I just love every detail of this card!
ReplyDeleteStunning card John
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks xxxxx
A gorgeous card John. It was lovely to spend the day with you on Saturday. This morning I've got out my Gemini and Bee Balm dies and am going to get on with some crafting! Have a good day. xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, Kate x
ReplyDeleteThis is a very pretty card and I do love that the die extends to give it more versatility.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week,
Stephanie K
Love the colour of this! WOW
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy X
Gorgeous card John!
ReplyDeleteYou must have needed a good rest, lol xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous darling!
love Maureen x
Hi John this is a stunning card I just love it. Your weekend sounds amazing. I did like the photo of you with Sara on Facebook. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteI am loving this gorgeous card design.
ReplyDeleteJust love the colours wonderful
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and thanks for the detailed instructions!
Hope are recovering from your busy weekend!
Love Myra. X
John this is absolutely stunning, those flowers and butterflies and the design of the card i totally love and of course that pretty colour. x
ReplyDeleteA simply gorgeous card John. I'm almost tempted to buy some vellum as your butterfly is so lovely. The colours you have chosen are perfect.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
Marie P.