Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Favourite Tree...

Happy Wednesday,

I am sharing today my favourite card made with the triangle media plate and my Christmas clear stamps.  I love the colours and design of the centre piece but I have to admit that the card itself especially the mats and layers are what make this card.

I started by inking the media plate with ultramarine, emerald and verbena izink dye based inks.  I then  used the small dots and snowflakes stamp to remove ink form the plate and stamped it over the card.  I then stamped the media plate onto the card.

Next I used the same stamp and added the same three shades onto the media plate and stamped this.  Finally I added the larger snowflake in raspberry izink this time directly onto the card.

I made up the card using the Press cut notched corner squares ( these really are a new favourite) I simply love the clean classic and almost art nouveau look of these when paired with simple squares.


Enjoy...

28 comments:

  1. Morning John, I too really like the shaped mat and layers you have added to this beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Gorgeous card,love the different shape mat and layers, the tree shape is so effective.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a beautiful card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a brilliant card today, love the shaped layers, it looks so different with the inverted round corners. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John, great card. Love the shaped layers and the colours you have chosen.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, truly amazing is all I can say, no I will also add, fabulous, gorgeous, stunning, oh I could go on all day but I have to get ready for my craft group this morning. Oh and the notched dies really are nice, looks like something else I might have to purchase.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the framed effect-very Art Deco.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. What a great idea for a contemporary Christmas card.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very striking card and those dies look very effective This card is one of my favourites I’ve seen this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Lovely card, great shape too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely John, holiday here so everywhere shut, what shall I do with myself???

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great, John. I have some scissors that cut this inverted corner - I must get them out.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this tree too John nice card
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Wow what a striking card.
    Yes it does look very Art Nouveau, that's what came to mind as soon as I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, another great card, love the colour combination.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the way you’ve done the layers. It’s very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card those stamps are gorgeous. I am hoping to be at the NEC on Sunday so I might be lucky and see you demoing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks very classy John the way you've mounted it. See you tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely John. Love the little stamps.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    Totally agree , I thought Art Deco as soon as I saw it! These are lovely Dies and as you say so improved by the addition of a simple square!
    The whole card is beautiful! Thank you so much for all your help and inspiration!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John lovely card the shaped mats are make an elegant look

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    This is stunning.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. This is a stunning card. I will try this. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy the NEC. I am. Sure you will be very busy and no doubt sell out of all your products.

    ReplyDelete
  24. John i can see why this is one of your favourites, i love the design the colours and everything about this.

    ReplyDelete