Thursday, 2 November 2017

Away in a manger...

Happy Thursday,

Today is the first day of the Craft Hobby and Stitch show at the NEC in Birmingham and I will be there demoing on the John Next Door stand for all four days!  The next few days I will show you some of the cards and techniques I will be demonstrating over the next 4 days!

Today's card is a really simple stamping job using my Festive Silhouettes clear stamps and if you like this card you can easily replicate it with a different centre perhaps one made with the bauble media plate or even a pre printed topper.

I stamp the manger, and scene in the centre of a piece of white card.  I then added a layer of more white cut with the stitch dot circles.  I stamped the winter trees from the same set over this so that the trees continue over the layers ( you may have to look closely to see this as it shows better in real life)

I then added a thin gold mirror card layer in the between these.



I added a top layer which I embossed and letter pressed using the same Izink gold metallic pigment ink pad using my snowflake circle embossing folder with the centre removed.

I surrounded the final circle aperture using the find it media festive foliage cut in gold with white gloss accents on the berries.  I finally added poinsettia cut in gold dust iridescent card which I also used for some of the layers.

I finished with a layer embossed with the crafts too falling snow embossing folder and layers of white, gold dust and gold mirror card.

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. So elegant John. Enjoy NEC and Janine will be visiting you, xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, as Wendy said a very elegant and beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you another beautiful card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    A really sweet stylish card.I love it.Enjoy NEC.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, this card is beautiful and a very elegant design, love the gold wreath, it really frames the stamped image perfectly. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, such a beautiful card, very elegant
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there John, beautifully designed card even although I'm not at all into religious themed images, but this is elegant and understated.
    Have a super time at the NEC, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card John. Wish I could get to NEC. Have fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card John, the stamp depicts what Christmas is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, oh this is gorgeous, really lovely, and my order came yesterday including these stamps so you know what I will be doing over the weekend. Have a wonderful time at NEC, I will be with you in spirit if not in person.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card John. Hope you have a great time at the NEC where I know you'll be busy and chatting a lot. Not going this year as I really have enough stash to try out at present. However I'm sure Anne will pass on a hug!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, John. I'll see you later - probably in the distance as I suspect you are going to be very busy!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, not my style but it’s really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    A beautiful stylish card. Have fun.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card John is a real Christmas card thank you
    Lovejune horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, love this card, so simple but beautiful
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card. Enjoy the show.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    What a gorgeous card and I bet it looks even better in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous elegant card John.Enjoy the NEC.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John this is a stunning card I love those stamps. I will be at the NEC on Sunday I am hoping to pick up some tips. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    just one word - LOVELY...
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, This is absolutely beautiful,a truly sensational Christmas card just love it. Have a great show and stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the foliage with the white gloss accents around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, This 'scene' card is beautiful, I love everything about it.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you at the NEC on Saturday.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just got back from UK, been catching up, some really amazing cards. love them all.
    Love Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Love this card, it must be all the layers that make it so effective.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card John and great to see it "for real" today at NEC. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John,
    Gorgeous, elegant and is the perfect Christmas image. Have a fabulous time at the NEC and hope the tills ring out for you!!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John,
    What a lovely Christmas Card! A real Christmas card and you have shown many! I hope you have a lovely time at the NEC - so sorry I’m not going! It’s the only Show I’ve ever been to.
    Safe travel and sell loads!
    Love Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John This card is stunning such a beautiful Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  31. Don't know what happened to my comment yesterday. This is a lovely card. Thank you for sharing this and hope it's another good day at the NEC, Enjoy those who are able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    Terrific card. I love the gold twiggy frame which is an elegant addition.
    Great to see that, although the NEC was fairly quiet, you were a very busy boy!
    Hope the rest of the show goes as well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete