Tuesday, 21 November 2017

First in Gold...

Happy Tuesday,

A very simple card today but the first card I made with my embossing folders and Stamps so I thought It was worth sharing!

I stared by stamping the sentiment and scene from the festive scene clear stamp set in Izink Pigment gold ink pad ( I stamped it three times using my press too Impress which made it really shine gold as the layers built up)

I cut this out with the press cut plain circles dies drawing around the inside of the die with a fine gold pen to add the fine line.  I matted this on antique gold card cut with the stitch dot circles again from press cut,


I then added the gold pigment ink pad to the flat side of my snowflake circle embossing folder and letterpressed a piece of white card so that I got a gold backing with white snowflakes over the top.


I simply matted this with more of the gold and white adding a bow of thin gold ribbon along with gold cord to add a highlight.

Enjoy...

40 comments:

  1. Another beauty John love the scene and colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    So clean and crisp.Love it.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, this is such a stunning card, clean and sharp and really Christmassy but not going over the top, I love this stamp set and have been using it a lot on my cards, well worth investing in.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, such a beautiful card, love the classic design, very elegant. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card John, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry forgot to sign my name
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card, so classy & elegant.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous John. Love your Christmas products, but my cards are already made and written, ready to send!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks lovely John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John,
    Today's card is absolutely gorgeous, I LOVE it.
    Have a great day
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John
    Very elegant card. Beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card John, very elegant
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this one John so Christmas for me
    Thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely simple card. Great idea to draw a gold line around the inside of the circle die. I never would have thought of that! Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John lovely card love the EF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning John this is a stunning card. It must have been so exciting to make the first card with your stamps and embossing folders. I can't wait for the shows coming up. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    It may be simple but it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning card Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, a beautiful card, so glad that you showcased it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVE this card John!
    I'm so pleased I know how to do letterpress now after that brilliant class last week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John,
    This is not only a lovely card but clearly a special one as it was the first you made with your own embossing folders and stamps! I love the gold pen tip - it looks most effective. Thanks for that and for a truly lovely card.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,Just love the simple elegance of this one,so understated but so elegant and effective.Stay healthy and happy,
    Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful classic card I forget to do different techniques I must try this

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John. This card just looks so classy, love it.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John,
    As others have said, this is elegant and classy. It's so beautiful.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely, simple card but so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous, i must get some inks so that i can do the letter press technique as it looks fab especially with the stunning embossing folder of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Late again. Sorry! A beautiful card John. I must try this one. Thank you for sharing this with us. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Marie from Longridge22 November 2017 at 10:54

    A beautiful card John. So elegant and one that anyone would love to receive.
    Marie P.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    Super card. I adore that embossing folder.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this card, just done the embossing using the gold Izink pad, mine looks dirty rather than a nice gold :-(

    ReplyDelete