Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Not for posting...

Happy Tuesday,

Today's card is called not for posting as this would be an expensive card to post.  It can be posted as I took it to the NEC with not damage however it is quite deep!

I stared by cutting the poinsettia ) a find it media die) in lustre print glaze gold card by Crafts Too - I will have this card on my next show on Hochanda on the 30th November - The die cuts three sizes of poinsettia in each pass so i cut the die all over a sheet of A5 card to make many flowers.

Next I cut a wreath shape using 2 of the stitch dot circles.  I used this as a base and added the f,loded and shaped flowers around this with crystals in the centre.  This make the wreath the perfect size and round which is difficult without a base. I added this over a piece of scrap I had stamped with silver pigment ink and embossed.



Next I added a bow using wire edged ribbon, well if you are going for depth might as well have it! with another star buckle from Craft Consortium in the centre.

I made up the card as shown using layers of white and the gold lustre each embossed with my star stream embossing folder all layers with silver mirror card.

Enjoy...










41 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you another WOW card, it is beautiful.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, another gorgeous card will be trying this one for special people I think.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, wow what a gorgeous creation, yes I know what you mean about the postage but this sort of card is one that would go in a box decorated with the ribbons and poinsettias on it and then hand delivered to the recipient, great idea. I love the idea of the silver lustre card stock.

    Hope you have recovered from the NEC.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woops I meant to Gold lustre, sorry xxxx Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card John a really mantle piece pleaser xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    A special card for a special person. It's beautiful.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John, todays card is incredibly beautiful. Love the wreath with the ribbon. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kinda card John. Who cares about mailing, it is absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait until 30th, I NEED the gold lustre card NOW.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a pretty card John. Just love the white poinsettias.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card John. The wreath is stunning.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a special card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Sue, Wow, a plethora of beautiful poinsettia's, and the buckle is so pretty. A beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is definitely for people who appreciate how much work goes into some cards.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John, this card is beautiful, a special card for special people.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, but wouldn't do it for anyone who is not a crafter. And certainly wouldn't entrust the postal system with it.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this John!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow John, a fabulous card, will have to have a try at this one.
    WENDYX

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card, John. How on earth do you get those borders so even?

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning beautiful thanks John love june xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card John and definitely for someone special and who appreciates it. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John stunning card those poinsettias are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simply beautiful. I may have to borrow this design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So that means it must be for me 😂😂😂
    Great card John xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. It needs a box and to be given to someone special by hand. It is nice to add a bit of depth to now and again. Your stamped cards are brilliant for posting. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. I think this card is just so stylish. I love all the poinsettias. Perfect.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    A beautiful card and definitely one for a special friend or family member. It’s gorgeous!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,Wow absolutely stunning and beautiful,certainly one for special friends,but even with postage I would be happy to send it in a box Just wonderful.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John Love it and agree it calls for a box. Won't weigh a lot and if friends are worth the time and effort making it then I am sure they are worth the extra postage Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card design and I love the depth.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice card John has a lovely feel about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    oh my this card is so stunning and gorgeous.
    Your design as usual is excellently created.
    That card stock used is so pretty, and has such a lovely sheen.
    Excellent poinsettia wreath too.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow. That's all I can say John. WOW. XX XX

    ReplyDelete
  33. W O W..... my favourite all time Christmas card John. I'll pay the postage, just send it to me please!!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Me again! Please bring this beauty to Saturday's workshop!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  35. John this is stunning, i don't know about posting it as i wouldn't want to give it away lol.
    If i could make something as gorgeous as this i would want to hold on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello John,
    Oh this is absolutely beautiful. A special card for a special person, and to hang with the cost!!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete