Tuesday, 28 November 2017

Another Swirl...

Happy Tuesday,

Another card using the Snowflake Swirl die this time a simple card but I have to admit I love the simplicity of the colours mixed with the complexity of the die.

I started by cutting apiece of the Yale Blue lustre print card to 4.5" wide which is perfect size for the die to fit diagonally across the bottom.  I cut the die and then added a pice of scrap acetate across the bottom of the pice the cut came from and placed the die cut pice bak in.

Next I added a panel of silver glitter card, the same no shed as yesterday, along the bottom with foam top and simply added the press cut Seasons Greetings in the bottom corner.

As per usual with me I added a few mats and layers in matching colours and a sprinkling of stick on crystals.



Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning John, this card is really striking and beautiful. Love it. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another striking card John, lovely.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card John and Im looking forward to your shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI John.
    Thank you a beautiful card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card John, looking forward to the shows
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Another beautiful card today.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, oh yes, I like this one, and the Yale blue lustre card is so beautiful, I think you said this will be on your TV show on Thursday, definitely will be ordering some of this, the colour is amazing. Anyway back to the card, yes it is simplicity itself but so beautiful, the 'press cut' seasons greeting looks so good on here too. I know we are going to be in for a treat on Thursday as all your shows are amazing.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-absolutely stunning card....love it!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. So beautiful in its simplicity. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How elegant and stylish your design is John, beautifully created, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,

    Lovely card. Would like to see a video on how it’s done. I’ve got brain freeze on you description. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    A beautiful card, I love the simplicity of the design juxtaposed with the intricacy of the die cut.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning I hadn’t thought of putting a piece of acetate underneath I should have tried that when I made a channel card recently and had tried to “balance” a delicate die cut on top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The simplicity of this card makes it very striking. Love it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The card is lovely John that blue card is a must have it’s so vibrant I love it
    Thank you love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card. The clean lines and the crispness of the blue and white/silver glitter, all add up to very classy in my book.
    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    A beautiful CAS card. Looking forward to your show. Like Marleine above I'm a bit confused with your description so hope you are doing this card on your show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh up John
    Brilliant way to use this lovely die. Sometimes, simple is best.
    For the ladies unsure of how it was done, my reading is that after John cut the die out to form the patterned edge, he popped some acetate along that edge so that the die cut could be slotted back into its aperture with the acetate providing a platform to hold it in place.
    I'm sure John will correct me if that's wrong lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. I think that the die used like this is nicer than the way you used it yesterday as it is less fussy and shows off the intricacy of the die much better. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John Love it and thanks Ang for explanation. Must have a play

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John

    Gorgeous card, love the design

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John this is a stunning card that die is beautiful and you have used it so creatively. I love the colours too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John really lovely card gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    This is simply stunning!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colours John. Pretty card.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John,
    Such a lovely card! So lovely I’ve ordered the Die from Ang! I already had the corner one!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely cards!
    All the very best for Thursday!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A gorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this. My die arrived today from Mrs Duck. Now I just need to try it out. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Agree with Ang - simple is best. Love the card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looking forward to tomorrow’s launch John, I’m sure it will be a great success.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete