Thursday, 23 November 2017

Autumn Feeling...

Happy Thursday,

A change form the Christmas cards today with a birthday card with a real autumnal feel.


















I started by adding rude and copper izink pigment ink pads to the flat side of my winter trees embossing folder.  I embossed this to give the letterpress look where the deep red is at the top but fades down the scene.  This leaves the trees showing in white.  Next I added clear sparkle embossing powder over the top ( as i used pigment ink i was able to heat emboss over the top)  I heat set this which adds the clear coating with a sparkle in it.


I simply added the press cut happy birthday over the top shadowed with white and copper.  O matted and layered the piece using white, copper and deep red card.


Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous birthday card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, great card. love this embossing folder.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a brilliant card.
    Happy thanksgiving to all our American freinds, this would be a great card for them too.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card John,really like this e-folder. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great birthday card John
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning John
    Great card,very striking,love the modern font for the happy birthday die.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour and lovely embossing folder.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the background scene.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, beautiful, I like the effect of the 3 colours on the 'Happy Birthday' it looks so effective.

    Special hugs xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's beautiful and so unusual. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John,
    Love today's card, has given me a "heads up" for a Christmas Birthday.
    Have a good day
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card, John. I have had the happy Birthday die for a long time and find it so useful.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John this is a stunning card. I really must try the letterpress technique. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, lovely colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this one John
    Thank you june Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John superb card love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    lovely card with great colours.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John,
    Another lovely card that has inspired me this morning!
    I love this embossing folder and have just bought it as I have seen so many lovely things made with it.
    I wouldn't have thought of using copper and red together but they look great!
    It's great to see you doing so well.
    Best wishes,
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card John. Lovely colours.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, Very simple but effective one today,colours are really nice.Have a good day,stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Lovely card, I love that embossing folder.
    Great easy way of adding sparkle to cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    Lovely card and I too love that embossing folder! I also like the font on the Happy Birthday!
    Thank you,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    what a super brilliant card, and your design is beautifully created.
    Sorry I have been MIA but I have been very busy of late.
    I am looking forward to after Christmas for a rest.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really lovely card I really must try this letterpress technique

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colour choice today John, creating a really simple but stylish card.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    Love this, it's very effective.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, This card is beautiful, the colours are gorgeous ~!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning john, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John

    Super design and I love the colour too!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card John. Love the colours and the Happy birthday die. Use this a lot. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ideal for an autumn or winter birthday.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    Remember heat setting one for you at the NEC when you were playing.....sorry, I mean working lol!
    Super doopah!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete