Sunday, 5 November 2017

Glittering Snowflakes...

Happy Sunday,

Last day of the NEC today I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who came along and said hello I love meeting so many members of my blog family both all and new!



Todays card is using my elegant snowflakes mask and the Izink texture paste the amazing thing is this paste is so flexible that it will adhere glitter as well!


I used the silver Izink texture paste through one of the snowflakes in the elegant snowflakes mask then I added iridescent white glitter over the top.  Once dry the glitter is stuck to the paste in the design and is a flexible as the paste on its own.  I haven't had time to try yet but hopefully this will work on fabric as well hopefully washable?!?

I framed these with the press cut hexagons using silver mirror and white card using 2 of the dies from the set.  The brilliant thing about these is that the dies are thin allowing nice thin borders between pieces cut meaning you don't need 2 sets to make perfect mats and layers.


I embossed the top white layer using the crafts too falling snow embossing folder and added a large messy bow in the centre.  I made up the bow to be a focal point in the centre using satin edged organza ribbon ( I should have this on my next Hochanda show) with a Craft Consortium star buckle in the centre.


Enjoy...

31 comments:

  1. Morning John, another really gorgeous creation today, I will try that paste, I bought some when you were last on Hochanda but not used it yet, looks really lovely on here. the buckle sets it off a treat.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    You must be shattered have a great day.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A simply gorgeous card.I love it.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous I love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking this lovely card John.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card John
    Thank you love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous. The glittery snowflakes are beautiful. Have a great final day at NEC. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card John. Silver and white Christmas cards are my favourite. They always look so elegant.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Another beautiful card. See you later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, classy & elegant.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card John. Enjoy the final day at NEC. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    A lovely card, that little star buckle is fabulous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, John. Enjoy your last day at the NEC.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John, this card is just beautiful, I love the focal element of the ribbon with the little buckle, but I think the snowflakes just make the card. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, great card and colour combination.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card John. Just love those shiny snowflakes.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty So pretty and that glitter paste is lovely Enjoy your last day at NEC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, Just Lovely John and I am going to have a try with this technique.Glad you have enjoyed the shows,stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous card John. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have Izink silver texture paste so need to make a stencil now. Enjoy your last day at NEC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. We both enjoyed meeting up with you at the NEC yesterday it is such a shame I was too slow to buy the stamps I wanted. Enjoy the last day and safe journey home. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John,
    So pleased the NEC has gone well! You must be shattered though! Safe journey home!
    Today’s card is another beauty. I’m not getting much done in the crafting line at the moment as it’s a busy “ family time!” However, all being well, give me one more week!! Ha ha!
    Inspiration not wasted as noted and Pinned!
    Thanks John,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very elegant card John, I love it!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, This is beautiful !! I especially love the buckle.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John Oh such a pretty card I love those sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. John this is another absolute stunner, i love the sparkly snowflahe and the gorgeous bow and buckle.
    I totally love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    this card is so stunning and very beautiful.
    I love your wonderful design.
    That texture paste sounds very wonderful.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card again John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marie P. From Coppull.6 November 2017 at 18:50

    A lovely card John. All of your cards are lovely.
    Glad you enjoyed the NEC.
    I may not be commenting for the next 2 weeks as my moving house day is this coming Wednesday and I wont get internet until the 14th.

    ReplyDelete