Sunday, 12 November 2017

Red Wreath...

Happy Sunday,

It's technique day here in Swainby so we will be trying out the media plate techniques as well as some stamping, die cutting and embossing folder techniques.

Todays card is quite simple, which I always try to show on a sunday, using just the Build a wreath clear stamp set and some wired satin ribbon ( I am a ribbon addict having hundreds of different ones!)

I used my Press to Impress and the whole wreath stamping this in light green.  I then stamped over this using the quarter opine bough stamp in a darker green finishing with the leaves and berries quarter stamp in a honey colour ( All Izink dye based ink pads)

I then added poinsettias over the top and berries in raspberry.

Finally I made up the card as shown using the notched square dies form press cut along with a wired ribbon bow and pearl centre courtesy of Wendy!


Enjoy...

29 comments:

  1. Morning John, a very beautiful and traditional card today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Beautiful card,love the ribbon bow.Enjoy your day.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card John, love the ribbon
    Marion s x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a different colour, looks gorgeous and my pearl sets the bow off perfectly !!! Available on my blog. Enjoy your day, talk tomoz, zxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,

    Lovely eye catching card. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, beautiful card today, and I have purchased those curved edge dies, they are amazing, I like them very much.

    I was using the Santa and sleigh from your latest stamp set on some batch cards yesterday, it looks wonderful, the detail even on such a small stamp is amazing, thank you for these.

    Enjoy your final day at Swainby xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card John. I've been making some small batch cards using your Build a Wreath stamps and I'm really pleased with them. So easy to do, but very effective. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, a great simple Christmas card. love the colour combination.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamping and I love how you’ve matted and layered it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, lovely and traditional. The notched square dies are fab. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John very traditional card love it thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning John. Just love the stamping.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Love the traditional design of the cards and the fact that the colours are a bit different to the normal Christmas reds and greens.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear John - I'm still here, had a tooth out last week and I'm finally feeling better!! Anyway - lovely cards recently. I have a question, when you stamp onto the plate thing, do you need Versamark to help it 'stick'?
    love
    Maggie (Yorkite)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card I adore those stamps. Enjoy the workshop. Take care. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,Very festive and traditional,just love the notched corner effect.Have a good day,stay healthy and happy,
    Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card again today John and I loved yesterday's. Sorry I didn't get around to commenting but I was at my granddaughter's 1st birthday party in London.
    Hope your workshops have been fun.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    Very pretty card, love your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card today John. Somewhere I have some scissors that will cut corners like this but they are not where I thought they were so will have to look again. Hope the weekend went ok and you have a safe journey home. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. John this is another gorgeous card today, i love the bow and like you i love to collect ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    I can't thank you enough for such a fantastic day in Swainby. We all learned so much again! There was a great bunch of people there too. Looking forward to more next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John,
    Love today's card.
    Had a brilliant day today and learnt such a lot, thank you for your help and good humour. I can remember, Reason, Season but I'm blowed if I can remember the third one!!! I'm brain dead now, so goodness knows what you will be like.
    By the way, hello to Jayne, Tracy and the others who were there.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely bright colours and design John. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your workshops,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello John,
    I’m very late today! Your card is lovely and I know some ladies who had a great time today !
    I’m sure they didn’t behave but they say they have learned lots! Will no doubt hear more tomorrow! “ Treason? “ Maureen?
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eh up John
    Very festive and traditional. You have a large ribbon stash? Noooooooo!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete