Saturday, 18 November 2017

The Heart of Christmas...

Happy Saturday,

A simple classic Christmas card today with the media plates izink inks and my Festive Silhouette clear stamp set ( This set is out of stock however more arrives next week)

I started by inking the heart media plate using the emerald, ultramarine and verbena izink dye based ink pads.  I used the resist technique to remove snowflakes from the plate and add them around the bottom of the card.  Next I started the heart and added snowflakes on the media plate and stamped this over the top.

Next I simply stamped some of the elements, as shown, form the silhouettes set using the trees to frame the scene as well as  black micron pen to ground the elements.

I matted this on black then white and added a large mat made with the scrap card I "cleaned' my brayer on ( this means simply running the brayer after use on the media plates over a piece of paper, it gives a really nice background.

A card blank and finished

Enjoy...


33 comments:

  1. Morning John, beautiful card and it sounds quite a quick one to do.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Simple but effective. Lovely.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John,
    Love today's card, very effective.
    Hazel bought those stamps last week. Think I might need to organise a "play day" with her so we can us them.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, oh this is lovely, when I look at your samples I try to think how you have done them first before reading the comments, don't always get it right but I got most of this one. Love the colours. Ours you have used too.

    Oh and your still a tease on Facebook xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John, what a lovely card, so different in these colours. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, great card and I love the colours you have used
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John wouldn't have thought if using these colours for Christmas but they really bring out the silhouettes. Have a good weekend love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, a great Christmas card. Love the colour combination
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card John. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card John in nice colours. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, lovely colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi You make it look and sound so easy. Beautiful card. I'm still practicing with my media plates.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. I like this card very much. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello John,
    A stunning, gorgeous Christmas card today.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John lovely card I really like your nativity stamp

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    A lovely card and I love the big heart behind the Nativity Scene! Very clever!
    Thank you.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John this is a stunning card I love those stamps I am not surprised they have sold out. I can't wait for your shows coming up. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely and effective Christmas card design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John,
    I am a real fan of the resist technique with the media plates now. I loved learning this at your class at Swainby last week.
    I love the way you have used the 'scrap' background as nothing is wasted and it looks great.
    I am so lucky I bought these lovely stamps too last week xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful classic card I love this one John thank you xxxxx
    Love June xxxxhorrocks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really like the colours on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John. A really stunning card again today. I love the way you have used the heart shaped plate as I wouldn't have thought of using it on a card like this.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    Great card and lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John. Thought I had already commentated but looks like I didn't. Thank you for another gorgeous card. Have a good weekend. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. John this is absolutely stunning, i do love the colours you choose for you cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    Not sure if there were conifers in Bethlehem but still a lovely card lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete