Wednesday, 8 November 2017

All that glitters...

Happy Wednesday,

Today's card uses the letterpress technique with a little added extra!

Its not very visible in the pictures but in real life this card sparkles with glitter.

I added izink navy blue pigment ink to my snowflake circle embossing folder and letterpresses a pice of card.  AS I used pigment ink I was able to add clear sparkle embossing powder over the card when removed and heat set it.  This gives a clear shine and sparkle only in the background allowing the snowflakes to star out in the original white card.


I added stamped sentiment in the centre made using my Christmas scene clear stamp set and surrounded it with foliage cut in blue and silver.



I finished the card as shown.

Enjoy...

27 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    This card is beautiful love the glitter background.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card John.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a great card, love the foliage wreath, blue and silver is always a classic combo. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, lovely card today, I would love to see you demo this on Hochanda or a video, now that I have all the ef and plates.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card. I'm so happy now you showed me how to do that letterpressing and get a good result John! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely and ashame that the sparkle doesn’t really show up in the pictures I can imagine how it looks though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card John it’s lovely nice colours
    Thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a technique that I forget to use and it is so effective.
    A lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card. I must try that technique it is very effective. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    A stunning card.
    Thanks for the tip about the embossing folder, really must give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely John. The colours are beautiful.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John, like the idea of this card, but I think its a bit dark, although I suspect that it just might be the way it appears on my screen.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John. Love the technique used to create the background, (I can't resist a bit of glitter) and the finishing touches are great too.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card today John. Great technique. Thank you for these great ideas you give us. Have a good day. Happy birthday to Myra if she looks in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another technique to try. This is so effective.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  18. John this is another stunning card, i love the letter press tecnique.
    I will be trying this out on a card i need to make as it looks fab with your embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John ,
    Thank you for sharing another lovely card! I do love that shade of blue .
    I’m in a bit of a rush - it’s been a busy few days - back to normal soon, I hope!
    Thanks Brenda!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John lovely card & great technique

    ReplyDelete