Friday, 3 November 2017

Deer in the Snow...

Happy Friday,

Today is the second day of the NEC craft show It was so lovely to meet so many of my blog family yesterday and I am looking forward to welcoming more crafters into the John Next Door family today!  Pop along and say Hi if you are going I am on stand G45 next to the Hochanda studio.

Today's card is another using all the techniques and products I will be demonstrating.

I made the centre panel using then heart shaped media plate and a mix of Izink Pigment and Dye based ink pads.  We have a new mini version of the ink pads available at the show which I have loved playing with as they are so easy with the media plates.

I stamped the snowflakes over the background and added snow with my quarto snow and stars mask.  I then stamped the deer and the pine tree silhouette stamps over this.  I then added acetate over this which I had added white gel pen to to add the snow before adding the layers in white, gold and letterpresses gold embossed card.

I cut the find it media pine trees in black and added them at the bottom corner of the set of frames I had made up to reflect and balance the trees on the centre panel.


I added another piece of snow acetate behind this before adding to the layers of white black and gold to make up the card.



Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful card as always. Enjoy the rest of your time at the show.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Another brilliant card, love the effect.
    Have an other fantastic day at NEC
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, todays card is fab, love the dimension with all the layers, it really creates depth for the printed focal image. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, yes another beautiful creation, enjoying it's day on your blog and well worth it too.

    I bet you were swamped yesterday with all the people coming to see you. special hugs.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Love this beautiful card.Enjoy your day.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful John. I so love the stag, the trees and the snow erect.
    Have a great time today.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card today. Glad NEC is such fun.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card to wake up to. Going to have to try doing something like it later. Have an enjoyable day, keeping everyone watching and learning. And very happy. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and a genius idea to use white gel pen on acetate
    Enjoy today It’s just too far for me to get to on public transport

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, John. The snow effect looks great. I so much enjoyed seeing these cards at the NEC yesterday. As I said to you, they're so much more beautiful in real life! Hope you have a successful day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Lovely snowy scene today. I have learned something new too as I didn't know white gel pens would work on acetate. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card John.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very evocative card, John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, A lovely card, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the NEC tomorrow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John
    A beautiful card. Have another fun day at the NEC.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card John. Thank you for sharing this and have a great day. I love the smaller ink pads and easier to store.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card John, love the snow effect.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John this is a stunning card I do love those stamps. I am looking forward to coming to the NEC on Sunday I am a bit worried that lots of things will be sold out and that everyone will be tired. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What another lovely card John. Wish I could be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, great card, hope you are enjoying the NEC.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to see you again yesterday. I hope you haven't got anything planned for Monday as you will need a day off!

    Great card today.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eh up John
    I love these stag stamps as a stag is not just for Christmas (there is a joke about it lasting till New Year if you carve it thinly but I won't go there lol!!!).
    The feedback on the mini inks I have sold has been very good.....juicy little pads and great for storage or taking to workshops.
    A tip for the "snow" if your white gel pen ran out, like mine did......Tippex pen!
    Enjoy day two.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card. Such a classic look.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH WOW this is totally stunning, an absolutely perfect christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the stag John wish I could get to the nec
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, love your shaker creations.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John,
    Fab-u-lous!!! Enjoy the show.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marie P. From Coppull.4 November 2017 at 10:10

    Hello John,
    What a beautiful card. I love everything about it and I really MUST try to improve my stamping which I am not very good at.
    Hope you are enjoying the nec, such a big place isn't it.

    ReplyDelete