Friday, 10 November 2017

soft blue snowflakes...

Happy Friday,

A real mix of stamping, media plates and die cutting today with a  bit of letter pressing thrown in!

I stared by making the stamped bauble using the bauble media plate, izink pigment inks and just one stamp from the Christmas Scene clear stamp set.

I then cut this out and matted and layers it using the press cut plain and stitch dot circles.  I added a bow of light blue lace with pearl swirls and a velum poinsettia.

For the background I added a light blue izink pigment ink to my snowflake circle embossing folder.  I then embossed this to remove most of the ink to get the faded look I spritzed a piece of card with water then embossed the piece with the same folder.  This removed the last pale ink making a really soft and dreamy background to the white snowflakes.


I made up the card as shown.

Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. Morning John, a very pretty card really must get a move on with my Christmas cards and all your wonderful ideas.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, another lovely Christmas cards, if I had the money I would pay you to make mine LOL. Thanks for the inspiration, it has certainly given me ideas. Have a great day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again John for a beautiful card.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely idea, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. Love this card, not only because of the colours you have chosen, but also because I really love the shape of the bauble (I may have mentioned this before). Thanks for the inspiration.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, oh what a smasher again today, I have not had time to use my plates yes but will do so very soon and the bauble is the first one I will try, will let you know how it turns out.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John.
    Great card and idea. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. All those techniques just combine so well. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card John, really like this bauble.
    Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is so beautiful John. Love how you gave combined the stamping, media plate and die cutting and I love the blue lace too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card John it’s brill
    Thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John,
    I love your card today! It’s so pretty . Oh I wish I was coming to the Class on Sunday!
    It’s so much easier seeing things done and trying them straight away! Have a great day! Hope you don’t have any trouble with any class members!!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John. Wow this card is beautiful. Really must try this. Thank you for sharing such beautiful cards with us. As Myra says I hope you don't have any trouble with any class members but I wouldn't guarantee that. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, Another beautiful card,I really must try some of these techniques and get over my fear of mucky messy inky things lol
    Have a good day and stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card with lots of interesting techniques

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. I love the different textures. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous, beautifully designed and love your embellishments, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John,
    Well, I think I can safely say that you've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this one and it's gorgeous!!! I love it (has to be said in the voice of Craig Revel Horwood ha ha).
    Are you looking forward to seeing me on Sunday? I'll be no bother, take no notice of Myra - it's Hazel and Patricia you'll have to watch out for!!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really love this one John.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John lovely card with a good mixture of techniques

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eh up John
    Not keen on the lace but otherwise splendid, dear chap!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete