Thursday, 31 August 2017

Baubles...

Happy Thursday,

A quicker card to share today made with the circular media plate and the Amy Design Christmas baubles.
 I wanted to try out the new Pigment ink pads from Izink and see if they would work with the media plates and the answer was a big yes.  I used the silver here which has a beautiful silver shine that isn't showing on the pictures.

I added just silver to the plate and then removed areas of ink using perfect medium and the snowflakes stamp from my Winter Tress clear stamp set.  I added the snowflakes over the card using a separate media plate I had covered in the ink and night colours of the Dye ink pads.  This allowed me to get the mix of purple blue colours.  I then stamped the resist silver circle over the top adding a sentiment from the same set.

I added the baubles which cut in one strip in silver mirror card and added this down the side.


Finally some layers of silver mirror and glitter card along with white of course and finished!


Enjoy...

43 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    So elegant it is lovely Thank You.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, WOW is right I love this card beautiful colours and like this die cut.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mofning John love this card thanks for sharing .
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card John, very elegant
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I like, I like, I really, really like, right up my street.
    Have a good day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John lovely card today love the colours I must invest in some of these ink pads

    Have a good day
    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card-classy & very elegant.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John the background and baubles look great together love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty. Lovely bauble set.
    Your projects for Saturday look so exciting. Just hope media plates arrive in today's post.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John oh yes this is gorgeous, I am getting withdrawl symptoms not being able to craft for nearly a week, looks like I have lots of inspiration when I get home.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, John. Media plates are arriving today ready for use on Saturday -can't wait.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. What a really pretty card today. Love the die.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John....what a brilliant idea and a super simple card. You are certainly 'sparking' many of my revisits to old stamps. It's a whole new lease of life. And when I see any of your new stamps, I want them too!!
    Love
    Maggie (Yorkite)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful card John. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card today John.

    love n hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John, Beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, love this card. Beautiful in its simplicity.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    Beautiful card, love the baubles die.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card John. Sorry I haven't left a message everyday but just wanted to say every single card you have made this week is fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, a really lovely elegant card, the bauble die is great, cutting in a single piece. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. Love this card, it's right up my street. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    lovely card, got the baubles - VERY handy...
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, Just lovely and right up my street.Understated but elegant and beautiful.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving all these Christmas cards John.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the Media Plates
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful clean and elegant card john x I love it x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John,
    Love this card today.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely design. Did you have any trouble getting the pigment inks to dry on your card layer after brayering them on your media plate and pressing your card layer on the plate?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John,
    I've got the giggles! Just had an email from Sunrise Crafts - New John Lockwood for Sale . Wonder what they've done with the previous one!! NB , I didn't say " old!" .
    However totodays card! Really love this one too! My plates still haven't come but they will! I really like that bauble Die set as well! Lovely shades!
    Thank you!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    very pretty and sparkly card.
    Your design as always is ace and very beautiful.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. John this is amazing, i love the background with the snowflakes
    and the die cut baubles look fantastic against it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John

    Gorgeous card, my dies arrived today and the baubles included

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful I'm intrigued by the silver ink and that bauble die set is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John Another beautiful Chritmas card the colours are lovely the bauble die is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John. Love today's card. Thank you. Haven't tried my pigment ink pads yet. After the weekend I will give them a try.. My granddaughter is back on Saturday after 4 weeks away. Really looking forward to that. Can just imagine Myra giggling about the email from Sunrise crafts. I had the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John
    Love the card and the colours you've used. I love Amy design Dies and I've bought a few of them. Must have a look see and see how these media plates work. Must speak to Littlelamb again and see if your planning a class down her way. If she's going I might join her.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Eh up John
    A fine set of shiny baubles you have hanging there.
    Beautiful festive creation.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete