Its the last Wednesday of the month so its my local workshop today at Crafty Corner in Breedon Priory I haven't seen the ladies for 6 weeks as last months was early and I like everyone else, have been waiting for the shaped media plates to come back in stock! Really looking forward to it! I am planning to extend the monthly workshops next year and will be doing one in the west midlands form November monthly as well more details to follow.
I thought I would share the second card I made using the same products as yesterday ( sorry for the snow globe Brenda, Myra et all) Especially as this background is one of the techniques we will be using in today's workshop!
I stared by making the central piece using the round media plate and the resist technique where I remover ink from the plate using stamps that's have been inked with perfect medium. I again used the tree and snowflakes form my winter trees set and the Izink Dye inks in ultramarine, south seas and Night.
I then added this to a die cut snow globe made with an acetate front and a shaker card back. Hopefully you can see the glitter jewels I used in the picture. I added the die cut deer that were left form yesterdays card.
I placed this on an embossed card (using a sneak peak from my new range of Christmas embossing folders)
I added a messy bow of white seam binding and some metallic linx finishing with a crystal snowflake from Craft Consortium.
Enjoy...
Love it John.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Jan
Beautiful card John. Hope to see you at Ali Pali.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, a gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card .
Catherine xx
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
A great card John I must get the gel plates I hope you and them will be at Ally Pally xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Love the card John have a good day xxx
ReplyDeleteLove june xxx
Morning John
ReplyDeleteI love it and I have the snow globe die so will be playing now I have my stamp press just need to get the gel plates and some more stamps
Have a good day
Sharon
xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteUp early as Mr D snoring louder than Mr Snore of Snoresville!
Not usually a snowglobe fan but you have shown them to great effect. Glad you explained it was a shaker card as I thought you'd got some fluff trapped in the acetate lol! Fab card and have a great time with the gals at Breedon today.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card.Enjoy your day.
B xx
Gorgeous John. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John, gorgeous card, really nice, will have a go at this when I get home xx
ReplyDeleteWent to york yesterday and met up with my friend Theresa had a good 3 hours mainly talking craft, loved every minute of it.
Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx
Looks lovely John. Have a great workshop.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
I like the deer done in white like that. They really stand out. A lovely card. xx
ReplyDeleteA snow globe die is not one I would buy but you have used this so effectively here. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Glad everything is back in stock, gorgeous card and enjoy your demo day. x
ReplyDeleteWe have RAIN ALL NIGHT
Morning John, lovely card, it is nice to see different cards using the same dies.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John, another lovely card, great to see the left overs from the other card being used, and it looks totally different to the other one. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I adore the background in the snowglobe, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. Lovely background. I am so pleased the shaped media plates are now back in stock. I should be receiving mine that I pre-ordered soon.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
hi John, so interesting how the same dies can look so different love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteAnother great card John.
ReplyDeleteI am not a lover of the Snow Globe Die but you have made it work.
I might have a go using just a circle frame.
Hope you have a fantastic day with your fans.
Patricia xxx
Great card john like the idea of you coming to w midlands hope its near me love Stella x
ReplyDeleteGreat card love the idea of coming to west Midland hope its near me Stella x
ReplyDeleteNice combination of materials.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Lovely card again,and can't wait to get the plates hopefully very soon now.Have a good day and stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card! Now I feel bad about saying I didn't like shaker cards! I can't explain why but it's probably because of the plastic cups or acetate! The scene in your globe is gorgeous! I'd just use a circle Die - that's the only difference!
Love Myra xx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a gorgeous card today and if I squint I only see the top of the globe!!! Oh, we are a miserable lot, but you can get your own back in November (although Myra won't be there).
Maureen xx
Beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card.... I hope there are plenty media plates available on Saturday, fingers crossed!
June x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today. Wish we had a card shop in or around Oxfordshire that you could demo at.
Hi John Lovely card the colours are gorgeous the winter trees stamp is beautiful I like the snow globe
ReplyDeleteSorry about the globe John but love the rest of the card. As Myra and Patricia said would probably just use circle dies. Love the background etc., hope you enjoyed your day. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteJohn i absolutely love the snow globe from yesterday and today.
ReplyDeleteThis looks beautiful with those colours and the fabulous deer and bow.
I definately need to get that embossing folder, just love it and the card.