I promise the theme will change shortly as I have some new things to share with you starting next week! For today I thought I would share this card I made yesterday using a variation of a technique I saw on Facebook! We all get inspiration all over the place and I always like to share where I got it from however this was a random post.
The original technique was adding watercolour pens to a piece of plastic and scrunching this over a p[iece of wet card. I thought what a great idea for the media plate so I changed it.
I coloured on the media plate using true colour watercolour markers. I then sprized the plate with water then stamped the plate, using the press to impress, onto a piece of watercolour card. this results in the swirly colour background you can see here.
Next I added three of the silhouette stamps from my first release and coloured the stamps with the same markers. I stamped this which gives the different coloured flowers as shown ( i love the fact that silhouettes don't have to be just done in black!)
For the background piece I respired the media plate and got it very wet before stamping onto another piece of watercolour card. this gave a lot more misty piece which I stamped the butterflies and dragon flies on from the second release of stamps.
There are 2 places for the full day that have become available at the Coventry workshop. If you missed to and are interested in the spaces please email Lockerscrafts@gmail.com
Enjoy...
Morning John, another super card, love the way the colours have wrapped around the plants, the light blue round the outside is so effective.
ReplyDeletePS I got some of my order yesterday, stamps, masks and large media plate (which I had pre-ordered separately) but still waiting for the Hochanda order, I have had a moan at them but I doubt it will get anywhere.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a really beautiful and effective card love the colours.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John, beautiful card. Love the swirly background to your silhouette stamps.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hello John, this card is really beautiful, I love the backgrounds, something else to try. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother striking card. Love the colours together.
Jan
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove this one, great technique giving a super effect.
Have a good day
Patricia xxx
The embossed panel is lovely and beautifully designed card altogether John, brilliant colours, Kate x
ReplyDeleteI love your design. Guess it would work in a similar way with pixie powders.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, lovely image - thank you.
ReplyDeleteI wonder, is there a highlighter (fluorescent) pen in there?
Love
Maggie (Yorkite)
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, what lovely card to start the day with.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, great background.
B xx
Lovely card. You make it look so easy.
ReplyDeleteMorning Jon,
ReplyDeleteLovely card such soft colours, perfect.
Lydia
X
Very pleasing result from your experiment John love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteSimply love this one John.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs Helen xx
Love this card it's beautiful the colours and the lay out is so pretty
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Gorgeous, it looks sort of ghostly, gorgeous colours, xxx
ReplyDeleteReally really like this.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John. Love the background. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I love the background, gorgeous colours.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous card, love the colours.
Hugs, Rose
Great technique Love it
ReplyDeleteHi John another stunning card I love the image you have used and your design and colours are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteDebs cards xx
http://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John, love the colours you've used in this ethereal background.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Love Valxxx
Beautiful john x the colours are gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
What a lovely swirly look using the misted water on your inked media plate. Gotta try this.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card, the vibrant colours are beautiful and the stamps certainly look different stamped with colour.
Maureen x
Hi John this is a stunning card I love the colours and of course the stamps are amazing. I do get lots of inspiration from you so thank you. Have a great evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card! I love the background and the Stamping is beautiful. Thank you!
Love Myra x
Beautiful card John and I love the colours you have used. Off to look at my watercolour pens to see what colours I have. Thanks for all the inspiration you give us. Take carexx wish Coventry wasn't so far as I would be there but also family coming back from holiday then.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving these cards so am quite happy that you are showing so many.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebrilliant technique, and definitely one to try as the results are so stunning and beautiful.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John. Love the result of this really interesting and different technique. Great colours too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, This card is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John Lovely card the colours are gorgeous and the stamps
ReplyDeleteHi John. Gorgeous card. The colours are lovely.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful scene and design John, I truly love it
ReplyDeleteJune x
WOW this is absolutely stunning, i love the way the colours have turned out. It is just amazing.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove how the embossed panel breaks up the inkyness.
Be good.
Ang x