Happy Sunday,
I thought I would share a couple off card made with the thistle oval today This is a small hand drawn stamp but hopefully perfect for smaller card or for building with the other stamps in the set for larger cards.
This first card is made by making a simple background using the pigment inks and the large media plate. I then cut this into 2 pieces and stamped the thistle onto the smaller piece. I then cut an aperture using an oval in the larger piece. I then stamped the corner stamp on all four sides and mounted this over the stamped oval.
A simple card made very quickly.
The second card may be slightly familiar as its made from the waste from the first! the oval I cut from the first card is stamped as the topper on this card.
The addition of a tartan ribbon and a media plate background and a second card is made!
enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Two great cards John, love the second one with the addition of tartan ribbon.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Two great cards. I love the way you always manage to make an extra card from the waste.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Crafty hugs,
D xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the idea with the tartan ribbon, it compliments the thistles so well.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. The tartan ribbon goes so well with the thistle stamp.
B xx
Morning John, great idea, love the thistle stamp, and also the way you have used the cut out to make the tartan card, brilliant, none of us like to waste anything do we.
ReplyDeleteOff to Martine and Hellen's workshop today,
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove today's cards, liked the thistle the first time I saw it. Do I need any more stamps?
Regards
Heather R Oxfordshire
Hi John. Two lovely cards with a great Scottish feel to the.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Can't wait to make cards like this in a couple of weeks, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
lol both nice but I like the one made with the waste best.
ReplyDeleteLove n hugs Helen xx
Morning John. Fabulous card with a true Scottish theme. Love thistle cards, to see them bloom and watch them, they are an amazing plant. Love it. Hugs Rita xxxx
ReplyDeleteFab cards John, xxx
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John, 2 wonderful cards. I love the thistle stamp, it is fab and so unusual. Great colours, love it with the tartan ribbon. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteMore brilliant cards John, love the little touch of tartan.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Patricia x
Beautiful I cold have done with this stamp when I was asked by my sister in law to make a wedding card for Scottish relatives of her husband! I love love love the second card The oval looks like a 3D cabochon and that addition of the tartan ribbon - genius. It would have been perfect for my wedding card! The bridegroom's kilt was from a specific "house" and in certain lights you could see faint images of thistle - there's a special term for that effect, a bit like back in my youth two tone Trevera! But you're far too young to know about that xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card.
Lydia
X
Love the cards John the tartan is brill
ReplyDeleteHave a good day
June xx
Hi John. Love both of the cards but I think the second one is my favourite, very Scottish.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Well John what can I say about the Flower of Scotland image, it's beautifully drawn and such lovely backgrounds too, absolutely love the second one as that little bit of tartan just finishes off your creation, Kate 😉
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others, the second card is gorgeous and the tartan ribbon finishes it off spectacularly. It's elegant and refined.
Maureen x
Morning John, two great cards, I love to see the cards you make out of the waste and I think the "Waste" card is my favourite of the two.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI really like the slim card. Will make some Xmas cards in that format, too.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John,Love these cards,and the thistle is so unusual.Enjoy your weekend,stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely cards john x the ribbon is gorgeous x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteJust love your thistle stamp which is a must have ( when I have some money!).
Gorgeous cards, especially the one with the tartan bow.
I sell my cards once a month and cards I made with a thistle stamp a few months ago sold particularly well so definitely getting your set soon.
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesuper and wonderfully created cards today.
Beautiful designs and inking.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards today.
Beautiful cards today John and love the tartan ribbon. Thank you. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I bought the Dies and they are lovely! The tartan ribbon just puts the finishing touch on an already lovey design!
Thank you,
Love Myra xx
Hi John these cards are stunning the stamps are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John Two lovely cards I wish I could create such master pieces out of waste The waste card is my favourite the tartan ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!
ReplyDeleteYou have made your fans in Scotland very happy xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTartantastic!!! I remember you buying that ribbon lol!!! A smashing twofer.
Ang x
Love the stamp. Great cards John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry I meant I bought the stamps!!! It's been a busy day!
Love Myra x
Two lovely cards John.
ReplyDeleteHi John, fabulous cards love the thistle stamp very useful coming from Scotland.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx