Happy Monday,
AS promised I am starting to share some of the Christmas cards I have made which mix die cutting along with my stamps and media plates. Today's First card is a perfect way to use some of the backgrounds you can make with the larger media plate mixed with the stunning Christmas dies from Amy Designs.
I stared by making a background using a mix of inks and my Winter Tress stamp set on the larger media plate. I mixed night, south seas and verbena on the plate then using perfect medium I used the resist technique with some of the snowflakes from the stamps. there is a video on this technique on my you tube channel click HERE to see the video.
I cut this down to a 5" x 5" panel and added it to a 6" card blank with a black matt. Next I stamped more of the snowflakes over this using the Silver pigment ink pad from the Izink range.
I cut the smaller circle and the dotted circle from the Amy Design star frame and then stamped the tree and snowflakes on this again in silver. Finally I stamped the sentiment in black .
I cut the larger circle from the set in black and stamped silver snowflakes over this before matting it onto the mirror card cut frame.
I used the scraps of the background to cut the poinsettias which I shaped and added with silver micro beads in the centres.
Not your usual colour or style for a Christmas tree but I love the simple mixed media look to this card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, a beautiful and very unusual Christmas card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card.This is my favourite Christmas card I have seen this year.Simply gorgeous.
Jan
Morning John, oh this is nice, I do like the way you have done the flowers with the oddments too. the colours look brilliant too.
ReplyDeleteHad a great time at Martine and Hellens workshop yesterday, lots of laughs and yes you were mentioned in despatches, ha ha.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John, a beautiful Christmas card with non traditional colours. love the frame. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGreat Christmas card John, that die is beautiful
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Another great card John, I love the fact that it is not Traditional Christmas colours.
ReplyDeleteI don't often use reds and greens for my Chrsitmas Cards, this really appeals to me.
Love the circle die and the beautiful frame.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx
Love everything about this- colours, the gorgeous poinsettias, the frames, the background. Just need media plates....
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Gorgeous card, really like the fact it's not in traditional colours.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Unusual colours but they work really well and great to send to those people that don't celebrate Christmas
ReplyDeleteI love this mornings card. The pretty matching poinsettia flowers really set it off and I love this colour combo for Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card
B xx
This is stunning John. Such a beautiful card to send to special people.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Lovely card this morning, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, but I do prefer more traditional colours for Christmas.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card, today, John, love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteLesley S x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteloving the colours in this card, just beautiful.
Hugs, Rose
That's really gorgeous John. I love it. xxx
ReplyDeleteI really like this. It's good to see a Christmas card made in different colours.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous gorgeous, hope you had a good weekend, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely card and a bit different to the usual Xmas styles, that's a beautiful die too!
Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, such a pretty card, love the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Gorgeous Christmas card John. Thank you. I really need the South seas ink pad. Have the other two. Quite a few I would really like to have. Busy weekend with my youngest granddaughter's birthday and going to Build a Bear yesterday but she really enjoyed it and has taken her bear to show her friends at Holiday Club today. No crafting done though.
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is absolutely beautiful,just love everything about it and could be adapted so easily to use flowers instead of snowflakes for use throughout the year.Stunning.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteAn interesting departure from traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for the video.
ReplyDeleteHi John, A very beautiful card, quite 'wistful' and 'magical', gorgeous colours, I'm loving the background.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Absolutely stunning John, I love the colour pallet and of courde that beautiful tree framed by that exquisit frame, beautifully designed card altogether, Kate x
ReplyDeletehi there john xx such a beautiful and stunning card xx have a fb week xx lots of love and huggs xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I know these colours aren't usually for Christmas, but to me it does still represent the season and I love it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card and an excellent video tutorial
June x
OOH John i absolutely love love love this card, The background looks amazing with the stunning die and of course the centre piece.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what happened yesterday but I love this card.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs,
D xx