Ive called today's post don't waste as the card is made from the pieces I made whilst demoing on Hochanda on Tuesday! rather than wasting these I took everything home to use for more projects and this card is made with the bits left form three demonstrations!
I started by cutting the background paper ( made on the 12pm show I think) into a square for the front of the Card Fold die I had on the shows ( This is a press cut die which must the card base and the opt out section for the middle) The paper was made by using the larger media plate, the izink dye inks and the solid leaf stamps from the circle leaves clear stamp set. Next I cut the circle out form a piece I again made on air using the plate, this time masked off with a circle die cut.
I used a further piece of card scrap to cut the leaves I placed over the messy bow.
For the centre I used 2 pieces left from the main card front down each side of the card.
The centre panels are cut form again another background I made on the show ( again the 12pm I think) I made this using the palette along with my new landscapes mask which gives the clouds, hills and trees. I added some dragonflies form the butterfly corners clear stamp set.
Ive added a few more pictures so you can try to get an idea how this was made as I now the instructions really aren't clear!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the die makes it so easy.I'm waiting for my die to arrive.
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTwo lovely cards love the colours.
Catherine xx
Morning John and all jellybloggers, wow these samples are gorgeous, yes I remember seeing you making them on Hochanda and now to have put them into place on these cards, wow, you are awe inspiring, such talent, I am speechless, yes really, I have had the real pleasure of watching you work and attempting techniques on your workshop (yes coming to next one) and I seem to be looking at things from a completely different perspective now - I look at something and an idea pops up in my head - all down to you. Oh forgot to mention that the little bit of foam on the TH stamp press really does solve the problem thank you.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, how fabulous is this card. I love that die, it really creates such an effective design, and perfect for me, because like you I don't like faffing with measuring. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards John, stunning backgrounds
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John, gorgeous cards and made from playing and a very useful die makes a lovely card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
So pretty. I love the colours John. xx
ReplyDeleteWaste not... Ingenious!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love the colours. You're so clever using all the bits left from the demos but it really works. I think I'd end up with a hotchpotch mess!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Great card & great to be using up waste items.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Loving all the background John and great that you're using all the waste.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteIt's good to use the waste, love the card.
Lydia
X
Love the cards John I saw you demoing and you said you save all your bits that's what I'll be doing in future
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Wow John, what a great way to use up your waste bits. Think you will have us all using our waste bits rather than throwing them away.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
So good not to waste anything John and this new card shape is very clever. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, wonderful use of your left over bits and pieces!
ReplyDeleteI adore the insert, it's so gorgeous!
June x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteGreat cards, your fabulous hints and tips make these do-able.
BUT what I really want to know is - are your hands clean yet!!!
Maureen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteReally love the inside of the middle one, great hills and scenery.
You are the master of scrappy cards ( no offence meant) cards made from scraps I should have said!
Hi John, These are truly amazing made from waste pieces,I think I would end up with a hotch potch of messy bits not a stunning card,but thank you for showing us it can be done.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteThis looks great, John. I try and use my leftover pieces but they don't turn out like this!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteyour cards are absolutely lovely, those backgrounds are fab.
Hugs, Rose
Very pretty I wish my waste looked as spectacular as yours!
ReplyDeleteYour scrap card is lovely. Waste not, want not. I think I will start calling you "the Scrap Card Master".
ReplyDeleteThat's one of the many things I've learned from you - always use your scraps and waste. Love today's cards.
ReplyDeleteHi John all your cards are gorgeous. I can see why you wanted to bring all the samples home they were far too good to waste. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletea true crafter never wastes anything, and your waste sure has made a very super card.
It's so pretty and I love all the inking and beautiful work gone into this one.
Lots of crafty reagrds. Jenny L.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card made from waste very frugal why waste it if it's enough to make more cards it Makes sense
Hug's Lynda xx
Hi John, I love this card !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLovely card that looks as though it has real texture.
I'm sure that if you rubbed your inky paws over some card, you would get some interesting backgroun
Now that published without me pressing publish!
ReplyDeleteThat last word should have been backgrounds lol!
Ang x
John this is totally amazing, love the outside and inside.
ReplyDeleteMrs duck is so right lol, you would only have to wave an inky hand at a card and come up with something stunning.
Brilliant card John. Have this die so must give it a go. Love that it folds flat for posting. Thank you for sharing this. Take carexx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the muted colours of this one. I must have another go at trying to watch the shows. I tried yesterday but the screen kept freezing, I think my internet access is not that great.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card! I'm sorry this is rushed but it's late . Will explain later!
Thanks, Love Myra x
Gorgeous card John especially as it is made from your waste.
ReplyDelete