Happy Monday,
Today I thought I would share a card made by mixing one of the media plate backgrounds with a die cut frame mixing my two loves of stamping and die cutting!
This creates quite a simple yet hopefully elegant looking card that is all made form white card a real bonus!
I stared by making the background using the large size media plate I covered the plate with verbena and wax colours of the Izink dye ink pads. Next I took some of the small leaves from the Circle Leaves clear stamp set and created a resist in the plate. To do this simply inks the stamps with perfect medium and stamp thrips not the plate. The resultant ink is then used to stamp the leaves onto the paper. Once this has been done in servile locations I then inked the stamps with more of the verbena and stamped these onto the plate. To finish I closed the stamp press pressing the media plate onto the card making the textured background I used for this card.
For the central element i used another piece of background made in similar colours and cut the 2 outline dies from the floral frame form Find it media. I repeated this with a piece of white card to make drop shadow around the die cut ( by cutting the white frame into two pieces and adhering it into the back of the coloured one.
I cut the pattern in white and added this into the correct place on the frame adding white stick on pearls for detail and highlight.
I stamped the sentiment form one of my new stamp sets in white embossing powder cutting it out with the press cut stitch dot circles.
I made and added a silk ribbon messy bow and foliage again cut from the scrap piece of background. I arranged it as shown adding mats and layers of white and green to highlight the design.
Enjoy...
Fabulous card and hard to believe it all started as white card. I love it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Gorgeous card John,so elegant. Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi john.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi john.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this card.Great idea just use leaves on your bow it's a bit different.
Jan
Hello John, this card is really lovely and very classy, love the bow with the foliage. Have a good day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, this card is beautiful and elegant.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Love this one John, looks good mixing die and inks. I thought that was one of my pearls at first but I dont think I made any in that colour xxx
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoyed your cheesecake!!!!!! xxxx
Morning John, a gorgeous card. Hope you found your Baileys I was drinking it last night and thought about you with your cheesecake.( I am on holiday hence the Bsileys)
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi there John, brilliant background stamping once again, beautifully designed with lovely colour pallet, your bow is exquisite, Kate x
ReplyDeleteMorning John a gorgeous card very elegant .
ReplyDeleteCatherine xx
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
An elegant card John. Pretty background.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
What a lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card.
B xx
Morning John, such a gorgeous creation today, love the colours and the way you have used just a white piece of card, some inks and a die, ribbon and of course the little centre jewel, how lovely it looks.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your weekend, I bet you were crafting.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Fantastic card John. Love the colours and great to use a die cut as well.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove it all except the bow, just not my thing.
Lydia
X
Lovely card I like it even though I'm not a lover of green
ReplyDeleteGood morning John lovely card very fresh looking love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteVery elegant and so pretty thank you John xxx love June horrocks xxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. I also love the colours you have used. Getting frustrated as my media plate hasn't been despatched yet, I am so impatient! SueL x
ReplyDeleteLovely fresh card John. I love those colours and the accent. Just lovely.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John. Love the colours of this card and the way you have done the background is simply stunning and all it needs is the addition of a simple die cut.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a great fairly quick card. Love your background, going to use my media plates more often now I see how it's done properly.
Great card John, loving the combination the background, die, ribbon and gem.
ReplyDeleteHave a super day
Patricia xxx
Lovely card John. Looks good with the die cut. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a good weekend. Take carexx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today John and love the colours very pretty
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good weekend and enjoyed your cheesecake lol
Have a great day
Sharon
xxx
Hi John,Just love this card,very elegant and very pretty.Hope you had a good week end.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a pretty card! I love everything about it. It's one of my favourites .
I'm not a massive fan of green but I love this shade - it's beautiful!
Thank you, Love Myra x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfectly beautiful card.
Maureen x
Hi John, I absolutely love this card !! the colours are gorgeous, the background is gorgeous, and I love your compilation of die-cuts.
ReplyDeleteI got my large rectangle media plate today, can't wait to 'play'.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John very pretty card I love the soft colours
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love the soft colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteWOW John this amazing, i love the background and the lovel
ReplyDeletecolours.
I love this card John!!
ReplyDeleteJune x
What a gorgeous card John! xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteCertainly more delicate use of colour than others of late lol! Lovely background,complemented by the die cuts and the bow.
Ang x
Gorgeous card design. I especially like your cards when you add die cuts and bows to them.
ReplyDelete