Friday, 25 August 2017

Blue snowflakes...

Happy Friday,

A smaller and possible more opulent card today again using the media plates, stamps with a  little bit of die cutting of course!

I started by making the background using the large media plate.  I added the petrol, night and south seas dye inks to the medium plate and ran over it with my brayer.  I then used the resist technique to remove ink form the plate using the snowflake stamps from the winter trees set.  I stamped the ink removed onto the sheet of card to add depth.

Next I stamped the snowflakes onto the plate in all three of the inks to add more texture before adding more snowflakes this time in the silver pigment ink.  Finally, for this stage, I stamped the plate onto the piece of card, in my press to impress, that I had added the snowflakes to.

I then cut the panel to a 5" square and then stamped the floral circle in the centre using the silver pigment ink.  I had to look twice while typing this as at first I thought i had heat embossed it with silver but its just plain stamping!


I then cut the surrounding die cut in sliver mirror card using the find it media  die (Code YCD10067 HERE)  I added some of the holly foliage using the same set as earlier in the week.  A couple of silver pearl dots crystals, mats and layers and a small card finished!

Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning John, a very lovely card, I love the icy blues with the silver, they just work so well together. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh yes love it the silver frame goes so well with the blue backgrounds, you are so talented.

    Stay safe, heathy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card, beautiful colour.
    Take care and have a good weekend Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, another great Christmas card and think it would be quite quick to do when we have so many at this time if year.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    A beautiful card. Blue and silver look so great together.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    super and beautiful card today.
    That glorious frame is so pretty, and as usual your background is awesome.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, great colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty , love the background. Do hope you'll have the media plates for the workshop.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, John, and I love that die. I hope you're picking up Jan's hints about what to have for sale at your workshop next week!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John,
    Great card, love everything about it.
    That Holly frame is beautiful, Mmmm!! do I NEED it or do I not??
    Have a great day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Lovely card, love the die you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, beautiful card in my favourite blue. Love the die you've used.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card John super background for the die cut frame love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card and the background is really delicate and pretty on this one. I like the combination when you use alongside the dies.

    Love n hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John another beautiful card for us today. So glad that you put a direct like to supplier of the dies.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful John. Wish I could see you actually making some of these. Not sure that 'a picture paints a thousand words' with cards - it's really better to see a demo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,Another beautiful example of a typical John card.Love the colours and the style, so very pretty.Stay healthy and happy.Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning card John love it the silver on blue stunning
    Thank you junexxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card I love the silver with the blue it looks so wintery. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another stunning card, love the silver and blue together, frosty and wintery 😉x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another stunning card, love the silver and blue together, frosty and wintery 😉x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quite a stunning card John, love it

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, love that pretty circle die, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John. Although this card is not as dressy as yesterday's I like it just as much.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    Wonderful card today. Love the frame as well as the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW John this is another stunning christmas card, i am loving these.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John,
    What a fabulous card today with amazing techniques.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card john x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card John. Such a pretty frame.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello John,
    I almost forgot - how could I??
    Beautiful card l I really like the combination of Stamping and Die cuts! Thank you so much.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry I am late but Myra has only just beaten me. Gorgeous card John. I love everything about it.. Thank you for sharing this. Have a good weekend. Take care.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh Up John
    Beautiful card. The background is superb and the frame is fab.....might want, I mean need this one.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete