Tuesday, 15 August 2017

Purple Peacock...

Happy Tuesday,

I showed this card during the launch but didn't explain how it was made.  Now that some of you have seen the shows it will seem quite easy, it is!


Using the large media plate I added shades of pink and purple izink dye ink pad and a little of the silver pigment ink to the plate.  I brayered over this to merge the colours then added a peacock feather over the top of the plate.  Next I added a piece of paper over the top of the plate and feather and brayered over this.  This makes the pice that can be seen in the back of the card.

I removed this piece and then removed the feather before printing the plate onto a piece of card in the press to impress stamp press.  Where the feather is the ink is left in place with the detail of the feather 'stamped' onto the card.  I matted each piece onto a deep purple before adding to a large card blank.


For the main panel I cut a circle of white card using the stitch dot press cut dies.  I stamped the floral circle onto this using the Ink colour of the izink ink pads.  I rotated the circle and stamped a second generation stamp over the top to fill out the circle.  I stamped the sentiment, from the same set, in the centre using blackcurrant ink.


Finally I matted this onto more of the purple and the card is finished.

Enjoy...

32 comments:

  1. Unfortunately haven't seen any of your shows recently but wish I had as this card is absolutely stunning. Love it.
    Have a great day.
    Crafty hugs,
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh my word yes, I saw you doing this n the shows and how beautiful it looks, it works so well with the colours you have used, truly amazing, you are really a very talented and special person xxx

    Stay safe, heathy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked this when you did your show and still think it's lovely.Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Very impressive,just stunning.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a beautiful card and a lovely sentiment.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card love the colours and the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, I love this card, I think it is one of my all time favourites. Thanks for the explanation. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another brilliant card, I just LOVE the background.
    Have a great day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, the background is great.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card John and I love the sentiment
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John
    A lovely card love the sentiment .
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I can feel 'experiments' coming on with all sorts of items instead of the feather - leaves, fabric etc. I wonder if I can roll the cat over the plate too?? Hmmmmm.....
    Love
    Maggie (Yorkite)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card John. Love the colours on this too. I now need a peacock feather!!. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a lovely stamp John. Managed to catch up with all your recent demos yesterday- they were great.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love those colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love this John. My friend lives next door to people with peacocks so I'llbe making a phone call.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John the background is fabulous, not only the colour but the feather makes beautiful patterns. It's a beautifully designed card altogether, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John. You are certainly into feathers at the moment! I can see why, as they do make really pleasing backgrounds for either gender. Good idea to rotate floral circle stamp to fill in the blank spaces. Love the colours.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, great colour choice, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. The stamps are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great design John

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, Love this card and the sentiment is just wonderful.Have a great day,stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I truly like this card design and the purple colors. What can I say, "I'm a purple / pink person!" So glad I was able to watch you make this card. Awesome techniques. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eh up John
    Just my colour. Not a fan of feathers (there's irony lol!), particularly peacock ones but it's a lovely effect you have created. Adore the wreath stamp.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Better late than never John a beauty today love it thank you love June xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John,
    Saw you get this print on your show and it's lovely to see the finished card. Gorgeous colours make it extra special.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John,
    Love the effect you have created with this card and the colours too!
    Thank you,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John lovely card the feather background is so effective I love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty Using that feather is very effective

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card John. Saw you making this on Hochanda. I have now got some peacock feathers so must give it a try. Love the colours. Just the ones I like. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete