Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Deers in the mist...

Happy Tuesday,

Todays card mixes die cutting and stamping and colouring a great mix of medias that manages to look, hopefully, classic and elegant.

The centre of the piece is made by using the large media plate and watercolour pens sprinted with water and stamped onto watercolour card.  I then shaded through the die cut waste of cutting the deer ( from tomorrows card) using the mini blender and the night dye ink pads from Izink. I also used my landscape mask and the night ink to add a base of hills for the deer ( I hate to see things floating!)

I made the piece up into a snow globe using the find it media snow globe die.  I added acetate on the front and some crystal stars sealing the whole piece with foam tape.  I also added an edge of snow glitter all around the globe.






The background is made in the same way as the post earlier last week using masking fluid and the Izink pearl pigment inks.  I added a bow made from ribbon coloured using the pigment inks that were leftover from the background.

Finally I added some glitter card poinsettias and some crystal stars from my stash!

Enjoy...

45 comments:

  1. Wow I,m 1st. Gorgeous effect John, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Love all your new effects and ideas, enjoying your cards so much.
    Thanks Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Quite right, I don't think any of us like to find things floating......Moving swiftly on, a fine looking creation with a superb backdrop.
    Loving the star bling.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    Quite right, I don't think any of us like to find things floating......Moving swiftly on, a fine looking creation with a superb backdrop.
    Loving the star bling.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous card John, I love it
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John,
    Another great card, love the "misty" feel with the Deer, glad they are not floating!!
    Have a great day.
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, a fabulous card love the deer and the snowglobe.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John
    A lovely card love the Deer .
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card John the dear is great
    Thank you
    Love june xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background. Really looking forward to learning how to create them.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elegant card today, something very peaceful looking about it.

    love n hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Ignoring the snow globe (I am not a fan, sorry) love the atmosphere of this card. It almost reminds me of the Scottish highlands.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, a fabulous card, love the colours of the background, and the Deer in the snowglobe is genius. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John lovely card and love how you used the deer inside the snowglobe

    Have a good day
    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John another beautiful card, love the atmospheric feel to this card.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card John. Can I access previous blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just scroll down to the bottom and press "Older Posts" Columbine.
      Hope this helps.

      Delete
  20. Hi John
    What a gorgeous atmospheric card today, love all the shades of blue you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning John. Just love the deer.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another lovely card. I love the deer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card john x love the deer in the snowglobe x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, Truly beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a lovely design. The deer look very grand in the snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John,
    I really love this card . I love the deer , pleased they are grounded! I'm not a lover of snow globes but this card for me would look just as good with circle Dies! I know I'm a bit odd! Careful Maureen!! Looking forward to seeing masking fluid in action!
    Thanks John,
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    I love the deer - they seem to emerge from the mountain mist. Lovely card.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,Love the shadow effect of the deer,and think they would look great in any aperture,very gentle and ethereal look. Love it. Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Evening John, absolutely lovely creation. Very poor WiFi here.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card I love the misty effect

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello John,
    Love the card, except the snow globe. (Oh no, I'm in agreement with Myra - and she is odd, but then so am I, ha ha.)
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this card too, i think the deer look fab in the snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John Lovely card, the background is so effective and the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card John. Thank you. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the shades of blue John, and the design too!

    June x

    ReplyDelete