Another sample from my shows this week with the Papercuts dies tomorrow will be the Gold and Black card that I have received so many emails about promise!
These dies are so easy to use and make creations from that all the work in this one is in the background! I simply cut the reindeer die three time one each in black, bright white and rich red and set them against each other as a shadow! I added them to a piece of card covered in double sided adhesive and added the runs silver mica flakes over the exposed adhesive.
A few layers of black white and red along with a border of the mica flakes and the simple card was finished. It being me I added a large bow made with double sided contrast ribbon ( available from www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk with a black crystal embellishment and a twist of 4mm gold metallic linx.
Enjoy...
Lovely card again today John. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, I really like the reindeer, and the use of the kitchen foil technique certainly does add that touch of class to the card.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the background - must get out mt guilding polish!
Anne M xxx
Lovely card John. Hope you're having a bit of me time today. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLove this card!!!! Colours are fab and the tin foil effect is very unusual.
Hope you enjoyed your workshop yesterday.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card, I love the background. My reindeer die came yesterday but I didn't have time to play, but am loving all the inspiration.
B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a nice card.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful card I'm sure this is one you demo'd on Hochanda still to try the tinfoil will get round to it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning card today
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS - I love mica flakes.
Hugs, Rose
Sensational card John. Love the black background.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The dies are amazing. I hope that you have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, hope you had a great day yesterday in Farnborough, so cross I didn't pick up on it. Love today's card. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove this one, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John I hope you found the cats owners I bet that was a surprise for sure. A stunning card today, I love the colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card-love it. Hope you manage to find the cats owner.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card john x the shadowing on the die really makes it stand out x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Lovely card, These dies are really growing on me. Margaret coming over tomorrow so I intend showing her your foil effect. Not tried it yet so hope all goes well. SueL x
ReplyDeleteI loved this card on the show and the foil was brill thank you John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Hi John, all the Festive cards are fab, and this is no exception. Perhaps I can get you to make mine? Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLovely to see Tutunkhamun the reindeer lol! Super card and background. In the absence of spray glue, I'm going to try foil on double sided sticky sheet. Probably has disaster written all over it!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTruly Stunning
Hugs From Sam xxx
Love the three layered reindeer AND it's a big and I love this background technique I got in a bit of a state using ink! as it does rub off slightly and I didn't have any micro beads! To seal it in
ReplyDeleteLike this a lot. I am definitely going to try the aluminium foil technique.
ReplyDeleteT
This is a gorgeous card, I have tin foil on my shopping list.
ReplyDeleteyour technique with it gives stunning results.
Love this card. I have ordered this die and the Christmas pudding one. Have at last managed to see all your shows whilst I was visiting my son so it must be my internet causing the problem. Thank you for sharing this card and must try the foil technique. Don't like he smell of spray glue so will have to find some other way of attaching it.
ReplyDelete