Happy Wednesday,
Another sample form this weeks hows with the Radiant Circle collection from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I thought today I would show you the demo card that, to me at least, typifies the radiance and the circle as it uses the radiance Striplet and the Double pierced Circles die.
This card was a demo on the second show so don't forget you can watch this one bring made on catch up HERE
This is a deceptively simple card to make I stared by cutting the insert die from the Striplet three times in a row into a 7" x 7" square of bright white foundation card. I then backed this onto a piece of rich plum to make the background pattern.
Next I cut a series of frames in the bright white and the rich plum to make the farmers I used the following formula
Dies 1 and 3 for the rich plum and dies 5 and 7 for the white farmers dies 1 and 2 and 5 and 6 ( I hope this makes sense. I mounted the thinner white frames over the rich plum ones. I used die 6 to cut into the background added the resultant circle to the smaller farms and foam mounted this over the background. I added the larger frame so that it looks like I have cut 2 backgrounds which is far too much work lol.
I added mats and layers of rich plum and white too frame the centre piece and added spare of the requisite poppies and olive branch dies which I shaded with the plum cobbler cosmic shimmer colour cloud blending ink. I stamped the sentiment, form my Lily of the Valley elements clear stamp set onto a piece of white card and cut it out using the largest die in the Pierced flags set. I shaded the sentiment, whilst in the die, with the colour cloud and added this form the scary of flowers.
I know this looks complex and multi layered but its really not that complex.
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is lovely, I do like the new circle dies, they are on my list xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is a gorgeous card saw it on Hochanda on your fabulous shows
ReplyDeleteDefinately on the wish list these dies.
Nancyd xx
El Truco Zulander
ReplyDeletehttp://centumentltdreview.com/el-truco-zulander/
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, I love it. You have given me plenty of ideas for lots of cards.
At the moment though card making is on hold for me I'm back to sewing this time making dresses for my Grandaughters.plus I have 2 quilts to make.
I will soon be back to card making though.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I just love these Radiant circle dies.
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYour ideas just get better and better.
Anne M xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another lovely card, Thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card watched you demo this card thank you tracyw x
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLove this card, watched you demo-ing this card on Hochanda love both the dies and colourway.
Looking forward to your next shows !!!!!
Stay cool in this heat.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxxx
Love this card John. Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteD x
Very pretty, John. It certainly makes the card look complex the way in which you've used the circle dies. However in your demo, you explained clearly how to do it.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, love this card, and saw it on the show. Like you said it creates an optical illusion. Take care and stay cool. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I loved this when you demo's it on Hochanda, as you say it really is an easy one to make and the dies etc. do everything for you. It really is set off by the Rich Plum card but would look really lovely in any colour even monochrome.
ReplyDeleteI would urge anyone who has not seen the show to watch it soon as I know they are only kept on there for a few weeks, you really will not be disappointed.
Thanks for all your assistance recently xx
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Stunning card, really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design. All the dies are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteanother stunning great card ,saw this demo was great ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteSaw you demo this one, lovely card that touch of plum really makes it pop. Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card. I love how the circles focus the eye into the centre, and the flowers make a lovely accent.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeletelovely card. Love the plum colour.
Lydia
X
Hi John, I really need these circles. Watched you make the card, you explain things so well which gives people the confidence to try things. Thank you. Stay cool. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWhat is going on with you and the "farmers" recently lol? This was an excellent demo and the card is marvellous.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Snap. I have to make a 40th birthday card today and plan on using the rich plum, giving the farmers (and my favourite aqua card) a rest though today. SueL x
ReplyDeleteVery clever use of the dies, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, you've convinced me - the circles are a MUST HAVE.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. I saw you do this one on TV and it's true, it really is an optical illusion. Love the colour scheme. Once I have moved house it looks as though I really will have to invest in the pierced ovals and circles although I can't decide whether to go for the B sets of squares and rectangles first. Decisions, decisions.....
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John
ReplyDeleteAnother WOW card, in fact I think it's a double WOW today!
Have a good day
June x
Wow, this is stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Absolutely beautiful card John. Xx
ReplyDeletePretty card john x saw your fab demo and was surprised as I thought it would be really complicated x thankyou john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Good Morning John oh my that is one stunning card I love your colour choice as its not only my favourite but was my mums and my daughters, its gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Another lovely card, John. You've really made me want to buy those circles!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card John and does look so intricate in design, lovely and when the thunder and lightening goes away i will watch to see how it was done, lol.
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil)
Gorgeous card John, beautifully designed and lovely colours, Kate x 😊
ReplyDeleteA real beauty today John I love it the dies are brill thank you so much love June Horrocks xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, xxxx
ReplyDeleteGreat circle card and demo on hochanda. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card! So far I only have the pierced squares and can't decide which to have next! It's between ovals and circles I think! Thank you!
Love Myra
Great card!!!!
ReplyDeletestunning card john xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteHI john, a lovely card, and a fantastic demo.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Ooh John Beautiful (as always) I'm in the same boat as Lisbeth - which one of the Pierced sets do I go for first!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning cards shown over the last few days. Must look at the pearl technique in more detail.
John this is absolutely stunning and I loved watching you demo this
ReplyDeleteon your show.
you made it look so easy.