A change of pace form yesterdays sneak peak with a very modern card today using a set that hopefully will make traditional as well as modern Christmas cards!
Today's set is the Magical Christmas set with a collection of trees, banners and sentiments all made form stars!
This set is used here to make a very modern card with Polished Silk glitter and simple stamping.
Once again I have added a picture of the actual set so that you can get an idea of the designs on this one as well as the Sentiments which I must admit I love with the unusual font and a selection of open and closed stars surrounding each one.
I designed the main tree totally with stars with some filled and some open which means that it will stamp really easily both in normal inks and in embossing powders. I do think that, as above, it looks stunning stamped in Glitter and I cant wait to show you one stamped with Golding flakes.
I have included some smaller trees and have designed these to have a positive and negative. In keeping with the multistep idea I have been using for this Christmas the star banner is available in solid and open stars so that you can stamp the solid stars in one colour and the open in another. These can also be used together and rotated to build a selection of stars in different styles.
I have also added a sentiment that I missed before and yet use a lot Happy New Year always useful for when you realise you have forgotten to send someone a card after Christmas.
I will be demoing a version of this card on next weeks shows so if you want to know how this was made then tune in!
Another set tomorrow,
Enjoy...

WOW-stunning card, I love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
What a great set of stamps. Lovely card
ReplyDeleteGreat stamps to make quick cards with. Thanks. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow, amazing card.
B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletefab card, love your stamps and the thought that's gone into them. So good to have stuff designed by crafters.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Love these stamps and the effect you have got with them, just that little bit different from the norm, well done. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteI love this John. Great set of stamps.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love your star trees John. Lovely stamp set.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Love the stamps, John, and the card is great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card especially for the younger generation.
Lydia
X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow these are gorgeous, I love them.
You are so talented.
I look forward to seeing what you have for us next.
Maggie
Gorgeous card and stamps John, looking forward to the shows
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteFabulous!
Love it and the stamp set. Great for modern Christmas.
Anne M xxx
Love the stamps John the card is fab thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxxxc
Good Morning John, it really is a very modern Xmas tree but I love it and your choice of colours and layout. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, it's a very elegant look and love the way you have cut the triangle into the background, very clever.
Your stamps as always look fabulous.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow, what a gorgeous modern card, love it.
This set of stamps definitely on my wish list nearer Christmas.
Love the new stamps john and a brilliant card x the sentiments lovely x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John. Your stamps certainly help to give the card a nice contemporary feel and I have to agree that the fonts of the sentiments are really pretty.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is such a WOW card! Love the design
June :)
Your spoiling us with this modern twist to xmas. Lovely. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery contemporary and bright - love it.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteMagical Christmas, magical stamps and magical card to showcase them. Those starry borders are going to be fantastically useful and not just for Christmas.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Thank you John for this gorgeous card. Those stamps have gone on my wish list.
ReplyDeleteNice to see a thoroughly modern card John, these new stamps look great love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWOWSER! Of all of the recent Christmas releases this has to be one of my favourites Stunning card too
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card those stamps are gorgeous. You are a very clever man. My Platinum machine just arrived I am very excited. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi there John, love your frosty blue card, fabulous stamps and love the tiny stars, brilliant design too, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLove this card look forward to seeing you demo it.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and such a fantastic Stamp Set, so modern.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John , very useful, clever stamps! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMyra x
Hi John, love this stamp set it is gorgeous and a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
John, i love all of your stamps and this is another gorgeous set.
ReplyDeleteI love the layout of this card too, very different but
so beautiful.
Morning John playing catch up, just got back from holidays. What a wonderful greeting this card is, such vibrant colours and the stamps are to die for as is the papers, your so talented.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx