I did promise I would post the Gold and black card I showed on my shows this week today but Im really sorry to say my camera played me up so it will have to wait for next week sorry!
Well its the hottest week of the year so of course its time for me to start Christmas Friday! I thought I would ease it in with a cool blue card that reminds me of the surface of a swimming pool for some reason.
I stared this card by making the background using the same technique as I showed on Hochanda on Monday however this time a different colour of pixie powder. I spread Glossy Glue, seal and glaze over a piece of glossy card ( plain card works as well but the glue spreads better on the gloss card! Next I sprinkled on midnight blue and white pearl mixer pixie powders over the glue surface. I then simply dragged my brush over the surface so that the pixie powders explode and you get the stripes of colour!
Next I stamped the stars bored all around the piece using sticky embossing powder and added silver moon gilding flakes . I repeated the above on a strip of white double sided satin ribbon.
Finally I stamped the star tree in the same gilding flakes this time onto acetate and mounted this onto a frame cut with the double pierced squares.
I made up the card as shown to make a modern christmas card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove this blue card it is COOL.
Jan
Great card John. Hot as it's been I started on my Christmas cards this week, although it's hard to think about it in this weather!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another wow from me today, the blue colours are so stunning using this technique, reminds me of a beautiful Mediterranean sea with the sun glinting on it and with snow falling, how weird am I. Love the way you have used the stars and also added them to the ribbon, genius.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
This card is lovely John, the pixie mixers are so effective. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Loving this technique with the pixie powders
ReplyDeleteMarion S
Good morning. Another beautiful card as usual and as you say a very modern Christmas card. The star tree and stars around the card look so good. I really must buy some of the sticky embossing powder the more I see you use this product the more I like it. Already got the flakes so just the sticky embossing powder to buy. Have a good weekend. Kind regards Sandra.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, Christmas !!! What is that!! ,
Need these star stamps, the effects are stunning.
Will record the shows so that I can keep them for reference.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice Christmas card in this heat! Let's not moan it will be upon us before we know it! Love it!
Anne M xxx
Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card. I love the background you have created. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a fabulous Christmas card love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I have ordered this stamp set along with the pixie powders so will definitely have a go at making a card like this.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Stunning card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Lovely card. I love this background technique, I must get some of the mixers. Have a great weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. This is a great technique.
B xx
Morning John, great colours and techniques. Thanks for all your inspiration. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteA stunning card. Love the background technique.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wow stunning
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous. Ironically I,m just watching you demo this stamp on Hochanda, still catching up on your shows.
ReplyDeleteLove love this card John
ReplyDeleteThe blue is beautiful thank you
Love June Horrocks xxxx
What a beautiful Christmas card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Wow John. This is great. Just love the background. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, really really like this card Will have to get some sticky embossing powder and have a go at this.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Love this technique with the Pixie Powders. Great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card and great technique. When I get some time to do so, I'll try it as well.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
x
Good Morning John Oh I must catch up with that technique that background is just gorgeous and your card is stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love that background. I hope my swimming pool looks like that next week. Off to Somerset for a few days to meet up with family, but will be back in time for Saturday's workshop. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, so love the look of this background, just beautiful.
Love & hUgs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI Really Love Seeing Your Christmas Cards As Its Great To Get A Few Ideas, Not So Much To Copy But Some Time When Your Mojo Goes (Like Mine Goes All The Time) It's Great To Look At Yours And Sue's Blog Also The Rest Of The Wonderful Creative Expression Team Blogs It Really Helps.....
Hugs From Sam xxx
Hello John ,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing another lovely card. Your background is really effective. I enjoyed watching you achieve them. Haven't tried yet but I will!! Lovely modern card.
Love Myra
I just love your cards John I only wish I had half your inspiration. I must admit to re-creating several of them but adding my own little twist. Looking forward to Ally Pally this year for the first time. Hope to see you there.x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I saw you do this technique on TV and I am pleased to see how well it turns out on this card. Love the use of the ribbon to which I can see you have stamped with some stars.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love the background colours and texture on this card. Have to catch up with you doing this tonight as from tomorrow I won't be able to watch the Hochanda records I made because I am changing provider. Will need to get a Free Sat box this weekend so I can link it with my dish!!! What I have to do to keep up with the CE demos!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John, this Christmas card is beautiful, love the background colours with the star tree stamp. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love the background and the card, would be nice to be by a swimming pool right now :-) Lovely tree
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Love it!
ReplyDeleteHi John, Lovely cool card today.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteOooooh, it would have been lovely to dive into a pool like that during the last few days.
Terrific contemporary card and must try and see a pixie powder demo as I'm intrigued by the "exploding" bit.
Best wishes.
Ang x
Love the contemporary Haven't bought any pixie powders (yet!) and after seeing this technique I will definitely getting some
ReplyDelete