Happy Christmas Friday,
Well todays Christmas friday acrd is by request of Susan who emailed me to ask for a blog post and instructions on the leaping reindeer card I demoed on Hochanda on Monady. Don't forget if you want to watch this card being made you can still view the show on Catch up on www.hochanda.com or click HERE.
Todays card is this leaping reindeer in the very modern colours of Midnight and Steel from the new Vintage Pearl collection of foundation card.
I started by cutting the Frosty Mini Background in midnight card and backed this with a piece of double sided adhesive sheet. I then poured silver microbeads over the exposed adhesive to adhere to the metallic background between the snowflakes.
Next I stamped the leaping reindeer ( the large one again) and the sentiment from the Elegant stars and reindeer clear set in silver shine detail embossing powder onto acetate. Like yesterdays card I coloured the reverse of the reindeer using the cosmic shimmer glue highlighter and then added silver chrome polished silk glitter. This means that when dry ( which is really quick wth the highlighter as you add such a fine layer) the glitter shines through. I find that it is really hard to tell that its glittered on the reverse, which is great if you are not the best at staying in the lines and trust me I'm not!
I folded the acetate and wrapped it around the background. I made a large 7.5" x 7.5" card using steel and midnight pearl card and stamped a spray of stars form the set in the corner for balance.
I wrapped a piece of double sided organza ribbon ( from Creative Expressions) around the layers and added a double bow of the same ribbon at the bottom left as shown. I then simply added some of the metallic line and a crystal seat to hide the glue dots and knot.
Finally a couple of stick pins I made using the set I had on the shows and a few crystals for balance.
I really hope this was the card you meant Susan, please remember if any of you want me to answer any questions please email me and I will try to answer ( if you don't get an answer within 48 hours email again as it may have got lost!!!)
A quick mention for my American Blog Family who have asked you can get my range form the following online shop which has really good rates of postage to the U.S. HERE
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's sample card is lovely xx
ReplyDeleteDecadent? Opulent? Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLove it. Thanks John.
D x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother unusual Christmas card. Very classy.
Jan
Morning John, so pleased you have put this on here, I saw you doing it on Hochanda but now we have a record we can go back to time and time again. Great idea with the reindeer but I am also liking the new metallic linx, I got mine the other day and it is great.
ReplyDeleteStay safe,healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card Thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a fantastic card watched you demo it on Hochanda.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi john
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card watched you demo this card love the colours thank you tracyw x
Hi John, Loved watching you demo this card, the result is stunning. have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHaven't seen this demo yet but watched your first programme when I got home last night. Love the new stamps and polished silk glitter.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card and a really clever design. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove this card, was great watching the demo you did on TV.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTremendous Card Your Christmas Collection Is Fantastic
Thanks For Sharing
Hugs From Sam xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the technique you've used of colouring/glittering from the back of the acetate. It looks fab. Had to really look for the sentiment though as very busy.
Hugs, Rose
Did see you demo this - a great card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, Beautiful !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Really like the card and how you have coloured the reindeer. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, thanks for the tutorial, I still haven't had time to watch all your shows yet.
I'm hoping to get all your stamps & paper pack this weekend.
Thanks for sharing
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, elegant card, love the colours they give a really chic look.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card, loved the tv demo.
B xx
Lovely card and a great demo John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
Looks so effective and as you've stamped "him" onto acetate - no fussy cutting Phew!
ReplyDeleteA real beauty John loved this when I saw it on hochanda thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLoved watching you make this card on Hochanda, it is stunning!!! A real showpiece on the mantlepiece or window sill.
Love the way glitter added to the reverse of the acetate.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xx
Great card John, l love the colour wY, very unusual. Have a great weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card, love the demo.
Lydia
X
Stunning card John, loved watching you do this one
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John Ive been catching up with your shows and I watched you create this today, its just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed demo on TVs, elegant card. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
What a stunning card, love the whole finish.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Loved this when you made it on Hochanda. Really stunning card.
ReplyDeleteHi John Gorgeous card love the new stamps and the show great.
ReplyDeleteI think these new stamps are my favourite xmas stamps so far .
well done .jeanie x
I think your technique is brilliant on this Leaping Deer on this card. I got to watch you do this on hochanda. Thank you for the link for good shipping rates to the USA so I can get your stamps. I have signed up to get their emails and look forward to ordering those items from Creative Expressions that I can not find in the states. I was able to find your Christmas Rose stamp here in the US and ordered it yesterday. Wishing you a beautiful weekend!
ReplyDeleteThankyou john for sharing this card on your blog its beautiful x it must have been on whilst I was at work so will watch on catch up x I love it x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Lovely card. Like the colours. Very elegant.
ReplyDeleteT
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card and I like the new blue metallic card very much indeed! The leaping reindeer is beautiful and it looks like a reindeer !!! Some reindeer dies on the market could be just about anything! Thank you for sharing this lovely card.
Love Myra
Hi John a lovely card really glad you put it on here.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLaptop went down but I 'm back now!
Love this set of stamps . So much so I bought them from Julia.
Love it!
Anne M xxx
Hi John. I love this card as it is just so pretty. I wonder if I would be able to recreate something like this.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is absolutely gorgeous and loved it when I saw it
ReplyDeleteon your show.
I am so pleased to see this on your blog with a detailed description.
Absolutely love this one
Beautiful card. Must try this when I have the deer stamp.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThis looked amazing ont telly. Very clever idea with Rodders (that's what I've called your super reindeer lol!)
Certainly a statement card and rightly so.
Ang x