Happy Tuesday,
Another sample from tomorrows papercuts One Day Special todays using the amazing Festive Feast die with its squashy Christmas pudding! I decided to keep the feast idea going with a feast of pixie powders.
I stared by damping a piece of watercolour paper with water then gently added pixie powders in midnight blue, silver dream and purple violet and then added more water to make the colours and powder explode. I then cut the frame from this piece keeping the fall away base piece as well as the frame.
I then cut the central die in bright white foundation card and spray glued it onto a piece of heat resistant acetate. Next I coloured selected sections on the rear of the acetate using the cosmic shimmer glue highlighter ( this is a thinner coat so it dries quicker and is easier to apply) I then added silver chrome polished silk glitter over the glue. Next I coloured, again with the glue highlighter, other areas of the back the highlights in then baubles and the pudding its'self, and added violet polished silk glitter. Once dry the glitter shines through form the reverse as the glue is clear when dry.
Next I cut a frame in white card, mounted the acetate panel behind this and added the pixie powder frame over the cut section of the frame. I the foam mounted this over the fall away piece from cutting the pixie frame to add dimension and interest.
FinallyI made up the card as shown adding some of the stick pins I made using the stick pin elements set I had on Hochanda last week and a messy bow with thin satin ribbon from my stash.
A few layers of purple and blue to match the powders and an embossed layer made using the A4 let it snow embossing folder and finished.
A different colour theme but I have to admit I love the way these colours came together!
I will be launching these dies on Hochanda tomorrow night at 8pm with shows running through Thursday at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm!
Enjoy...
Morning John, today's card is beautiful x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies can not wait to see your demos thank you tracyw x
Lovely bright card today John. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, a beautiful card and very different colours for Christmas love it looking forward to your shows.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, unusual Christmas card but really stands out with the colours you have used.
Looking forward to tomorrow's shows.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
Love this card John colours are beautiful very special thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Lovely card John. Looking forward to your shows.
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really different festive card, love the colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove this card John. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteAn interesting use of pixie powders to make a frame. Look forward to seeing what you are demoing tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAn interesting card. Lots happening for me. Love the colours.
Anne M xxx
Great card, love the unusual colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteMichele
The card looks lovely John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. The new dies are amazing. I am looking forward to your shows. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteUnusual Christmas card - thank you John.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Really lovely card for us today. Thank you. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Just beginning to use my Pixie Powders so I am always pleased to see different ways of using them.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove those pixie powders and have seen Sue do this technique which is SO effective. Forgot the name of it now.
Lovely card, thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Rose
Good Morning John, fabulous use of those pp they give such a lovely background. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLooking froward to seeing these dies in action.
Lydia
X
Lovely card John, if a bit 'busy'. I love pixie powders. Xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, lovely card, my friend Gill has this die and I have the Reindeer one so we are both avidly waiting for your shows to see what you have done with them, (we will probably get the others as well!!!)
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Wondetful card john x cannot wait to see your shows x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card! Really looking forward to seeing the Shows for all your hints, tips and ideas. Thank you.
Love Myra
Hi John beautiful card, fabulous liturgical purple,gorgeous dies too. Love your embellishments, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteStunning Christmas card. Looking forward to your shows this week. Always lots of tips etc.,
ReplyDeleteA very different card today. Not quite my style but it is lovely to see different techniques.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteHave managed to miss any Pixie Powder demos so hope your doing something on these shows to demo the "exploding" as I'm intrigued. Nice card too.
Ang x