Happy Tuesday,
I thought ou might like a closer view of one of the demo cards I made yesterday on my Hochanda shows the Mother or pearl effect background. Now to me this is a new technique but Im sure someone has done something similar!
I stared by making the background using white gloss card and adding either glossy glue and seal or cosmic Shimmer glue mixed with water. Next I added some of the mixer shades of the pixie powders along the side and then dragged them across the card using a wide wash brush. When dry you get this mother of pearl look with different colours splitting from the pixie powders to give a mica induced pearl sheen ( this one really needs to be seen in real life to get the full wow of the finish)
Next I Cut a frame from the pixie powdered background and added it a larger frame cut from white card.
Next I stamped the Juliette circle stamp to die for in detail silver onto the silver pearl card. I cut and the centre out using the matching Gillian die and taped the centre circle in place behind the die cut to make a buckle. I simply threaded the sentiment flag through this and added pearl in the centre.
I then cut the three largest dies form the requisite poppies die in the silver pearl card and shaped them with my ball tool. I added PVA glue in the centre and sprinkled over the silver shine pixie powder to make them earliest and shiny. These were added with a spray of olive branch around the frame.
I added a layer of the silver pearl card embossed with the cross stitch A4 embossing folder and a couple of mats and layers to finish.
I demoed this card on my 5pm show on Hochanda click HERE for the catch up if you want to watch how this was made!
Enjoy...
Gorgeous
ReplyDeleteCarol
Lovely card. Love the mother of pearl effect.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, well I think this card has got to be one of the top ones that you have made, I am enthralled watching how you did you yesterday and I actually ordered the pixie powders on the strength of your demo, I am gutted that I can't record this technique, because I have Virgin Media...... hopefully one day they might take it on........so I am so pleased that you put this on your blog today, I am going to have a go and recording some of the stages using my phone and the PC screen later, as I want to keep this technique.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness don't I rattle on sometimes, ha ha.
Anyway have a great day whatever you are doing.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Enjoyed your shows John. Like the mother of pearl effect. Will have to get these powders. JJxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, watched you demonstrate this yesterday. Just love that mother of pearl effect. Marion x
ReplyDeleteMissed the shows yesterday but will watch them on catchup later today. This card is so clever that I will have to try this technique. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWonderful card. A real show stopper.
Jan
Hi John Great card Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI will try to catch up today .
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hello John, a super card, love the pearlised background, must give that a go. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for demo-ing this card it looks so beautiful, recorder yesterday's show to so will have it as a reminder.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxx
A lovely card and great shows yesterday John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, I am just going to watch your show on catch-up
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design the background is brilliant. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow! that is gorgeous. Such a beautiful card.
Love it!
Anne M xxx
Stunning card, can't wait to see the demo which will probably be at the weekend.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, what a gorgeous card love the mother of pearl look I haven't seen it before.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. Looking forward to catching up with your shows.
B xx
Loved this yesterday when you made it. Great show as well.
ReplyDeleteLove this John and love the Pixie Powder effect.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxx
Brilliant background John, and a gorgeous card. Xx G
ReplyDeleteGreat shows yesterday - I actually had time to sit and watch them live ( partly because it was so hot!)Loved this card and the technique of using a lot of the circle dies for the background. Clever John!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Love this technique with the Pixie Powders - one to add the long list that Julia did at the workshop. Great card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI'm just watching your shows now. wow those pixie powders are fantastic I'm so glad I've ordered them all.
I love this card it's gorgeous.
You are a clever person. I wish I had half your talent.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Morning John, This card is really lovely.
ReplyDeleteI was cringing when I saw you twisting the circle die yesterday haha, it shows the strength of the dies though.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John. Great show yesterday. This background is amazing. Will be trying it out when I get the pixie powders. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love doing these type of backgrounds, you never know quite how they will look. Great card using yours.
Lydia
X
I saw this one last night and the technique is amazing with the Pixie powders so onto the shopping list they go LOL. xxxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteHad an appointment so only managed to catch from about 17.50 & missed you doing this. Very effective and lovely design to the card too.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Loved watching this made yesterday John the finished card is stunning love the circle dies got to get them
ReplyDeleteThe silver poppies are so preety
Love June Horrocks xxxx
Hi John. Again I learnt a lot from your shows. Love this card, just got to get my head around using the circles for frames. Haven't bought them yet so I am sure all will become clear when I have them in front of me. SueL x
ReplyDeleteThoroughly enjoyed your shows john and love this card x like june so wish I could watch on virgin so I could record all your great techniques x
ReplyDeleteTheresa x
Gorgeous card John, love the whole design of it, its so very retro. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Great design for today's card. Love the pixie powder background. If you used buttons or cogs instead of the flowers it would make a great card for those difficult male cards.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
What a different card, John - love the background and will give it a go.
ReplyDeleteSue Mac
Hi John Lovely card ,must invest in the circles, I use the
ReplyDeletesquares all the while, perfect every time. Had a lovely time watching the shows, with the fan on, in the cool.
Lovely effect Went out dancing last night and so will catch up later
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card and effect, may watch the shows on catch up as I missed them.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a different make on today's card. Gorgeous colour and design
June x
Lovely card John and I haven't seen the Shows from yesterday but hopefully this evening! I had After School Club yesterday - well I'm not still at school you understand! Interesting technique! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove Myra
John this is stunning and i loved watching the demo
ReplyDeleteyesterday on hochanda.
I was amazed at how you did the background colour and found
the tip with regards to using the circle dies extremely helpful.
Managed to watch yesterday's shows on Catchup today and managed to see this technique. Must get the mixer powders. Gorgeous card John. Thank you for explaining how to do it again on the blog.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely beautiful card, just gorgeous. Have got the pixie powders incl. these - didn't know there were mixers just bought them because I thought they were beautiful, too.
Hugs, Rose