Happy Friday,
A simple Christmas Card today using the amazing new Festive Striplet from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. Im not usually one for simple cards however I feel that the glitter on the backing of this just gives the impact that I like ( along with a large bow in the corner of course lol)
As the festive Die range has been launched, and excluding my Stamp and Christmas range launch next week, I thought it was time to return to Christmas Friday! This means that I will post a Christmas Crad every Friday from now until the big event! Hopefully over the next 6 months I can show you at least one Christmas card a week that I hope will everyones Christmas Mojo in gear!
I started this card by die cutting just the angel in bright white foundation card in the centre of a panel. next I spray glued this to a sheet of heat emboss able acetate. I then carefully, using the Cosmic Shimmer glue highlighter which comes with a small brush) painted glue on the reverse of the acetate in panels and added Pale Bronze cosmic shimmer polished silk glitter. I repeated the process on the other panels and added sahara gold polished silk glitter. Finally I added more glue on the detail of the Angel and added silver chrome in these spaces.
Once dry I simply mounted an embossed and die cut panel, embossed whilst in the die, over the top lining up the aperture that I cut with the outline form the same die set.
To finish the card I added a bow made with champagne wrinkle edges ribbon, some gold twine from my stash . I tied Tim Holtz christmas Muse tokens at the ends of the gold twine and added a Creative Expressions metal button in the centre to hide the mess of knots!
Enjoy...
Morning John, love this card, just plain and simple, this die is on my list to buy xx
ReplyDeleteMornings John, this is a gorgeous card very elegant love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I like simple cards for a change and this one is beautiful. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteD x
Lovely card John
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove your card,it shows a different way of creating the way to colour the angel to Sue,s card.
Thanks Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
Simply stunning!. Love the clean and simple look!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFunny how you and Sue used the same die! Very different cards. Lovely John.
Anne M xxx
WOW, bet this really sparkles and shimmers when the light catches it, (apart from where it's been caught by a sausage finger) - your own saying NOT mine may I add lol, I can just imagin the beauty shining through at certain times of the day, the beauty that even a CAS can hold. Gorgeous card John xx
ReplyDeleteSimple but very effective. Going to try new fair at NEC today.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSimple but stunning, I love this card.
Enjoy your preparations for your new stamp release.
Maggie
Lovely card John, there must be a bit of mind reading going on between you and Sue as you have both used the same die today lol Marion S x
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is gorgeous, one of my favourite dies from the new range. Love the glitter colour. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. Interesting that you and Sue have both used the angel striplet today with different techniques and produced fabulous cards that look different.
B xx
Hi John. Lovely card. Clean and simple but striking. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, really lovely. Your mind must be in sync with Sue's today!!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John great card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love that. I am looking forward to the Newbury paper craft show tomorrow. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card the striplet die is so effective with the colours behind it
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Super to see two cards using the same die. This is great, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Just beautiful John I loved this die as soon as idea it thank you John xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Morning John, another beautiful Angel Card, so glad that you and Sue both posted this card on the same day as it show how versatile this die is, with two totally different cards from the same die.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a great card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the way you have used the silk glitters to colour the panel.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful card John, lovely background behind the star, wonderful bow,Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. How funny that you and Sue should use the same die on your blogs today. Just shows how versatile they are.
ReplyDeleteJust love the detailed glittering, they are so effective overall. 24 + Christmas cards between now and then thats a great idea. Looking forward to that luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat Can I Say Today's Card Is "Truly Tremendous Just So Outstanding" I Love This Very Beautiful Die It Looks Great With The Glitter, Sue Has Done Her's Today With The Very Beautiful Crystal Lacquer, I'm Sure It Would Look Good With Gilding Flakes Behind Also..
Thanks For Sharing And The Inspiration
Hugs From Sam xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great way to use this lovely die. Gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Good Morning John wow love the technique for this background I was watching it this morning, a really beautiful card design. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteWow, this cqrd is simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,
ReplyDeleteCarol
Stunning card John, love it
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely background to the striplet. Did you and Sue discuss which striplet you were going to showcase or are you telepathic :-)
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. You and Sue on same wavelength again today. Both great cards though. SueL x
ReplyDeleteSuperb John I would love to copy this one if it's allowed, it's beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteSuperb John I would love to copy this one if it's allowed, it's beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteLove this die and your card is beautiful John,
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Hi John, Very simple but very elegant,sometimes that is exactly all you need. Really nice. Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteYah christmas Friday xxx lovely card john its stunning x nice to see different looks from the same die today x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Afternoon John, caught up now (but am away again next week so may not be able to comment but I will catch up when I return).
ReplyDeleteI love the angel striplet (yes purchased it) and the way you have done the stained glass effect is brilliant.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteIn the minority I guess as I find the bow a little distracting but great use of the glitters.
Ang x
Love it John
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is like a re-run of Déjà vu all over again as Sue has used this die on her blog today too. Of course yours is Justas nice as hers, the only thing is that you have used glitter on yours and we all know how much I like a bit of sparkle, especially at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Stunning card John, love the design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John, This is stunning, you and Sue must be on the same 'wavelength' as Sue's Blog uses this beautiful striplet too.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John like what you have done with the panel though I would have left off the bow personally. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteSTUNNING! Perhaps I'd have left the bow off too Love the glitter detail Just said on Sue's blog that I'm beginning to like angels (well Sue's) after an extremely painful sad time
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John, i love the colours of the glitter
ReplyDeleteyou have chosen.
It just really bring out the fetail on the die.
Have ordered a couple of the glitters ready for christmas.
Going to look forward to christmas friday and also the shows you have coming up.
Hello John, Lovely card! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Love Myra