Happy Saturday,
Today's finds me in Farnborough at the Art of Craft with the wonderful Penny and Jayne doing demos and workshops! I will be demoing between 12pm and 3pm with workshops before and after. I don't seem to go southwards often so this is a great chance to pop down and say hi!
Back to today and I thought I would show you the latter / box I made on Hochanda this week with the new paper cuts dies from Creative Expressions. I made this box on the 12pm show on hochanda click HERE to watch this made on catch up.
the scoring sizes for the box are:
With an A4 sheet of bright white foundation card on your score board landscape score at 7cm, 14cm, 21cm and 28cm
move card to portrait and score at 3.5cm, 7cm
rotate card to other side portrait and score at 3.5cm
The explanation of making this is too difficult to write however once scored it should be a little clearer. The best way to make this is to watch on catch up at www.hochanad.com
however cut the bottom flaps then cut the top flaps so that you have 5 sections just linked along the larger rectangle. Remove 2 opposing flaps where there are the doubles ( where you scored at 3.5 and 7. Then the box folds up.
Next simply die cut each of the paper cuts dies in the centre of the side sections. Adhere acetate ( i use CE heat resistant acetate) soapy the front of the die cuts and sprinkle the rock candy Glitter ( or Diamond snow if you have it) then spray glue the back and adhere these back into the apertures.
Simply then decorate the box in your chosen style!
Enjoy...
Morning John, love this box, I am glad that you have rewritten the measurements because i put everything down as inches and not centimetres xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is a beautiful box watched you do it on Hochanda definately going to try this one.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the box, will have a go at this.
Have a good day.
Jan
Pretty box. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day at Farnborough. Pretty box. Mine would be all the same die as I only bought one!
Anne M xxx
Hi John Thank you a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend, Kitty.
Pretty box would look lovely with battery operated T-Light inside. Marion S
ReplyDeleteHi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely box, these paper cut dies are so unusual and each different so there are endless possibilities. Enjoyed your Hochanda shows!!!!
Lucky crafters in Farnborough having you do a workshop and demo.
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this box it's great.
Enjoy your day.
Maggie
Gorgeous craft project. Am off to watch s couple of your shows before going out.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Love these boxes John. Have a good day in Farnborough. Joyce x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI loved your demo of this box and had a go at making one yesterday. Now all I need is my reindeer die to arrive so I can cut out the design, but the basic box works. Thanks for all the inspiration.
B xx
Beautiful box
ReplyDeleteCarol
This box is lovely John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteyour boxes are stunning, especially with the acetate which opens up another lot of enhancements.
Loved your demos.
hugs, Rose
Loved this box when I first saw it its stunning thank you John xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks
Good morning John this is a gorgeous box I love it. Have a great time in Farnborough. That is where I met my husband. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, this box is lovely. Have a great day with the demos and workshops. Travel safely. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John wow what a beautiful box, love the design to. hugs Shirleyxx
ReplyDeleteA lovely way to use these dies, John. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box.
Lydia
X
Hi John, I am absolutely gutted, I must have missed any advert for your trip to Farnborough and it is only a 20 minute drive for me. Would love to have come and met you. Love this box. Rosemarie X X
ReplyDeleteStunning box John, love it, Kate x 😉
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTerrific box. I'm trying to imagine the "soapy" die cuts lol!
Enjoy your day in Farnborough.
Ang x
Beautiful box john its stunning x gutted I didn't know you was at farnborough today its not too far from me would have loved to have kept you company x have a lovely day x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Farnborough is still too far for me on public transport - shame Love the box Will have a play later whilst I'm watching
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your demo of this box. Glad you have added the dimensions so we can have a go even without these particular dies.
ReplyDeleteT
Another fabulous John Next Door box! I was able to watch you make this box on Hochanda. Every time I watch you demonstrate card making, I learn something new. Thank you ever so much for sharing your ideas.
ReplyDeleteOh so pretty John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
Hi John, love the box will be having a go at this one over the weekend. Thank you for sharing and giving us the measurements.
ReplyDeleteWendy.
Very pretty box. Sorry you weren't in Kirkby today, perhaps a good job, I went to a party last night and felt very sorry for myself this morning!! SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Gorgeous box John, I can have a go at this COS my dies came today,all four yyyyyiiiipppeee hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteGorgeous box John, I can have a go at this COS my dies came today,all four yyyyyiiiipppeee hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box. Still cannot watch the shows must be my internet. Most annoying. Wish I had read your blog earlier today as I could easily have come to Farnborough today. Nothing else important to do and didn't see family so would have made a nice afternoon out. Didn't see anything on their newsletter about it. Hope you go there again.
ReplyDelete