Happy Thursday,
Another card made using the press cut cut and emboss folders today and one of my favourite techniques that I haven't used in a long time ribbon weaving!
This is a simple card however the weaving is a little time consuming but great for relaxing! I cut the Corazon cut and emboss folder in Rosa lustre print card. Next I added a strip of ribbon, from my stash, at the top of the cut piece. I threaded this through the aperture and taped it at the back. Next Step is to add a piece of ribbon form the bottom making sure it is slightly over form the first piece. I repeated this alternating top and bottom until I have 4 pieces of ribbon 2 from the top going into the aperture and 2 form the bottom again going into the aperture.
The next step is to add ribbon form the right hand side I threaded this between the 4 pieces in the centre taping the piece under the aperture on the left. I then repeat the process this time from the left threading in and out taping the end under the aperture on the right. I repeated this twice more, again alternating sides, until I have four pieces going across the aperture making the woven piece show at the side of the heart.
I finished the card using layers of white, rosa and Royal Auburn with a few stick on pearls to highlight the design.
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John and love the ribbon weaving - must have a go at that
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beatiful card, very clever weaving.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hello John, this card is incredible, I love the woven ribbon through the aperture, what a fab technique, and the colour of the ribbon and the card is a perfect match. Have a great day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card John. Love the woven ribbon technique.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Beautiful card John. The woven ribbon looks really nice.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Simple designwith a twist. Love the ribbon weaving.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card, very clever weaving technique.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYour card design today is stunning.The ribbon weaving is very clever.
Jan
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove everything about today's card, the weaving is intriguing.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx
Beautiful John. Love the weaving. Xx
ReplyDeleteI am curious to find out what blog system you're working with? I'm experiencing some small security problems with my latest site and I'd like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any recommendations? Rolling Door
ReplyDeleteLove the way you have used the ribbon on this lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Absolutely loving the weaving on this card John. Hugs Christine xx
ReplyDeleteThat's so pretty John, but you must have the patience of a saint to fiddle about with those ribbons! I don't think I'll be doing that. Have ordered the embossing folder though. Just waiting for it to arrive. xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat idea with ribbon, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, well you never cease to amaze me, this is absolutely beautiful, I am going to try this, or at least my version of it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, and love the way you have used the ribbon.
Wendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, and great ribbon weaving.
B xx
Lovely card and I love your ribbon weaving, it's so pretty.
ReplyDeleteNot sure I'd have the patience for it though.
Love this card John so pretty the colours are fab thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxx
A lovely card John and I adore the way you have woven the ribbons through the aperture on this card.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Morning Jon,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
Lydia
X
The intricate weaving looks very interesting on your card xx
ReplyDeleteHi John great card I love the ribbon weaving I've never seen that before!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThanks for showing another beautiful elegant card. I love the embossing folders you are using too. They are amazing!
Hope you enjoy the rest of the day!
Jayne xx
Hi John. Great card today, I love this folder and am really intrigued by the ribbon weaving.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful Card, John. I have to give this card a try.
ReplyDeleteYour ribbon weaving is a fantastic accent. I have not seen this technique used on your cards before. So glad you are showing it again.
ReplyDeleteHi John,Just beautiful,loved it when I first saw it and still do.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteOh John this is gorgeous I love the weaving and that ribbon is just so pretty
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card and the ribbon weaving is beautiful.
Thank you,
Love Myra x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very stunning card and the colour is gorgeous.
Love the cut and emboss folder used and the ribbon is so pretty and looks amazing in that weaving design.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Gorgeous card John. Don’t know if I could do this ribbon weaving but it does look good. Thank you for sharing. Take care.xxx
ReplyDeleteI love the ribbon weaving on this gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is really, really lovely.
Maureen x
Gorgeous card John and I love the ribbon technique
ReplyDeleteJune
I just love the cards! They are all so lovely. Does anyone know where I can purchase these dies? I live in the USA. I can't seem to find a personal or business email for Mr. John. There are a few dies I am so excited to purchase, but I have no idea if he has a particular retailer. If anyone can point the way for me, I would be grateful. Happy New Year to All! Blessings.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete