Wednesday, 24 January 2018
All About the Bow...
Happy Wednesday,
I posted a card last week where the bow was, ion my opinion, far too big for the card and in the wrong place. Therefore I thought I would make a card that was all about the bow with that made first and the card designed too show off the large bow making it the focal point. Today's card is the result of the experiment and I have to say I really like the way this one has come out.
As stated I stared by making the large bow with some old May Arts ribbon from my stash.
I made a double bow using my bow maker adding a couple of stick pins and placing the bow diagonally on a large stitched flag.
I made the background using g the large corner die form my sandwich bow die set and foam mounted this over the white for contrast.
A few of my usual mats and layers and done.
Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Morning John, this is certainly a statement card, love the colours and the striped ribbon bow in all it's glory. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteCertainly stands out, not great for posting!!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, the bow on this one is fine.
I have some of that ribbon and it ties so beautifully.
Have a great day.
Patricia xxx
I love the background but I’m not a huge fan of big bows.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe bow works so much better on this card,it's very much a statement card.
Jan
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteWow what a beauty, Thank you.
A good idea for useing all my very wide ribbon.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Nice card John,certainly makes a statement.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA fun idea to build a card around a bow, and it is a lovely bow.
B xx
Morning John, do you know that every day when I log onto the blog you surprise me with your stunning creations, who would have thought that a bow could overshadow your new die set, but it certainly does here, love it. Seems ages since we have seen you on TV when are you back.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
A real statement John, love that bow and the ribbon is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Very nice John and completely different! xxx
ReplyDeleteSorry, John, but big bows just don't do it for me. Love the way you have used the dies though.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
This is truly gorgeous Now I’m not a lover of bows because they always look out of place on my cards But this one is brilliant
ReplyDeleteMorning John, absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry this is not for me.
Lydia
X
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteNow that's a bow!! That ribbon is lovely and I absolutely love the way that you can use your dies to make a full background piece. Gorgeous!
Jayne xx
Good morning John interesting way of using up ribbons xx
ReplyDeleteNot me today. Looks like you stuck a horrid big bow in the middle of some card because you couldn't think what else to do. Knowing you I am sure this is not the case but I have to say what I see. Sorry :o(
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card, although I do not often use bows on cards, you may just convert me.
Wendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow this is certainly a statement card. Really not sure where I stand on this one. I love the bow fabric. It is a beautiful card but would have to be hand delivered.
Hi John. Really great design. I have some of this ribbon and even though it is visually great, I struggle to use it as I find it is just too bulky. I am sure I would be able to do something similar with a different style of ribbon.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Can’t make up my mind about this one. I think the bow is just a little too large. Maybe look better with a sentiment in the corner to offset it.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Love it John a beautiful card awsum bow but then I loved the other one
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxx
Good morning John Wow that bow is stunning gorgeous ribbon I love the stick pins too
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John and love the bow. Thank you for sharing this. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Yes I love this,your bows are always eye catching,but this one is just superb.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card that bow is certainly impressive. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteNow that's what I call a bow!! Reminds me of Judy Garland but I don't know why!
Maureen x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry to be so late but had my Granddaughter here today! I drove her home at 9pm but I had then to drive back! I had a lovely day though! I love today’s card! The bow is gorgeous !!
Thank you!
Love Myra xx
Nice card John but I just can't make bows. I have 2 different bow makers but get so frustrated when the finished article looks tatty.
ReplyDeleteMarie P.