Todays card uses the die from the Opera Box which I haven't really featured. I've made quite a few samples with this but seems to have missed posting them!
I stared this card by cutting the lattice panel three times across a piece of gloss black card. I added my double sided adhesive behind this then added gilding flakes ( a mixed box from my stash) which really makes the detail show!
Next I added few layers of a bronze pearl and more off the black card cut with the Press Cut stitch dot rectangles.
I made the centrepiece using a wreath cut form black gloss card using the matching stitch dot circles. I then added a spray of my starflower leaves and starflowers on one side with a gold thin satin ribbon bow underneath.
Finally I added a couple of stick pins and A stitched flag with the press cut sentiment cut in more of the bronze.
Enjoy...
Great card John, the black gloss card really shows the detail in the die cut and the gilding flakes.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteWonderful example of your die and the gilding flakes.Love it.
Jan
Very striking card, bet it looks amazing in ‘real life’.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Morning John, what a brilliant and very opulent looking card, love the star flowers in the soft gold colour. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, it certainly is a very striking card today, love the concept of it and may have a go at this too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Striking card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh my this card is gorgeous and such a beutiful design.
I love the black and gold it's very luxurious looking.
Your flower arrangement is stunning as is the card.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Really lovely card.
ReplyDeleteLove the black and gold.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely STUNNING, love it.
I have not used my Gilding Flakes in ages, might have to get them out again.
Have a wonderful day
Patricia xxx
Stunning! I think using gloss card has really made the card “pop”
ReplyDeleteLike PATRICIA It has been a while since I have used sticky sheet and gilding flakes I must get them out and play
Love the combination of the gilding flakes with the black - a stunning card, John.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, very opulent.
B xx
Fabulous card John. Looks opulent. Xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John. The gilding flakes always look opulent.Havent used mine for ages will have to bring them out again .
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Lovely card, I love gilding flakes, but for some reason rarely use them (maybe I should make the effort to use them more).
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen x
Morning John, absolutely gorgeous agree with Helen I don't use my gilding flakes enough really must get them out and use them more.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, a bright cheerful card and lovely to see that you are using the die from the Opera Box, look forward to seeing more examples.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John Stunning card love the dies & the gilding flakes
ReplyDeleteVery classy John, xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this one John great for a special occasion the black card is brill xxxx
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks xxx
Lovely card today John. I love using gloss black card for a dramatic effect although I know some people don't like it (do they have no taste?). Love the flowers although they don't show up so well in the photo. I don't know whether they would show up better in a different colour and I don't know what other colour I would use???
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the effect using gilding flakes, so dramatic.
Lydia
X
Wow a stunning card John.
ReplyDeleteThe gold on black is gorgeous.
Hi John,Very dramatic beautiful card.Black and gold is a really class act. Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn’t get in yesterday! It was a busy day and in the “ Great Bow Debate,” I’m sitting on the fence! Not a comfortable place to sit!
Today’s card is lovely and I’m amazed at how easily the pieces fall out of your Dies! I do mean the “ waste” . It makes life so much easier.
Thanks John,
Love Myra x
Very classy. The gilding flakes look fabulous! xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, very elegant card today
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those dies are amazing. I was sorry to miss the Newbury Craft show on Saturday. That one is my favourite. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteStunning and opulent, it's fabulous!!!
Maureen x
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI removed the last comment as I didn't check the predicted text, lol.
A stunning black and gold card. You've reminded me it's time to get my gilding flakes out again!
Jayne xx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John, This card is gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
A gorgeous card John. I am definitely liking Black and Bronze/Gold together. Thank you for sharing this. Take carexxx
ReplyDeleteHello Everyone!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if someone can tell me where I can find all these dies I have seeing for the last few days. They are so lovely!I have been looking at all the regular sites here in the states and they don't carry this product. I really would appreciate your help. Thanks everyone.
A really beautiful card John. I love those gilding flakes and wonder why I have NEVER used them although I think I bought them around this time last year.
ReplyDeleteLove to all.
Marie P.