Happy Wednesday,
Another sample form this weeks shows today this time using the Floribunda cut and emboss folder.
I cut three pieces of lustre card to 41/4" x 53/4" then cut and embossed them using the folder. I then backed each piece with a larger mat of dark blue card.
For the centre panel I used the deboss side of the piece so that I got a different look form the other panels. The great thing about these folders is that the front and back look as clean cut on both sides!
I decorated the centre panel using the bonus Gerbera daisy die in the Opera Box dies set along with the starflower leaves. I added this to a messy bow with some pearl strings from my stash. I stamped the sentiment, from my new Anniversary clear stamp set in white Izink pigment ink and cut this with my mini tags die set.
I added the three panels to a folded piece of card that makes the fold as shown. There is a video on making the three fold card over on my youtube channel as I didi something similar a while ago!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the great shows and all the great cards.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a gorgeous card and the shows were all great..
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat shows and lots of beautiful cards.
Jan
Hello John, love the design of this incredible card, it is sure to stand out from any others. The shows were brilliant. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteI am just catching up on your last show couple of shows. I love the peacock feather demos. X
ReplyDeleteJohn, so pleased you had so much success on your shows. Managed to catch up with your first one. What lovely samples you had. Grandchildren permitting, I’ll be watching the rest on catch up.
ReplyDeleteRain today in NZ - I’ve come for some summer!!
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, well what can I say but congratulations, all your shows have been such a great success, sell out after sell out, and so richly deserved, well done my friend.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card and one that I will be trying very soon.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Gorgeous card, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous card John
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John,Wonderful shows and great to see all the success you are having. Just love the card so stylish and different.Have a great day stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John.Really enjoyed your shows and as usual they were a great success.
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on all your wonderful shows, loved them all.
Lots of hints and tips and wonderful examples of cards and boxes.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Have a good day
Patricia xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I'm gradually catching up with your shows, what a whirlwind of sales you had. I loved the demo with the skeleton leaves on the media plate, just gorgeous.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, as usual.
Enjoyed your shows. Your tips and designs are brilliant. Thank you. X
Beautiful card John, and for those who find it difficult to make a card for male friends and relatives this would be perfect.
ReplyDeleteHugs Helen xx
Just like to say thank you John for the brill shows I loved them all the stamps are awsum Some very special ones very clever ones I haven’t seen before
ReplyDeleteToday’s card is brill thank you John
Love always June Horrocks xxxxxxxxx
Can’t work out how to get Julia’s new blog I’m probably the only one lol xx
That's very classy John! I had to smile when you were talking about the pronunciation of "gerbera" yesterday. Like you, I've always pronounced it with a soft 'g', but I understand it should really be with a hard 'g' as it's named after a German botanist called Herr Gerber. I don't plan on changing though - I'll stick with the same way I've always pronounced it, and I must say I've never heard anyone say it any other way! xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John. Loved your shows and the fabulous cards you made. Keep up the good work. Hugs Rita xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat great shows, John. Enjoyed seeing the media plates again - it's amazing the effects you achieve with them.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm back. Great shows and amazing sell outs. Had a few myself on the website and had to re-order so thank you for that lol!
Enjoyed making the samples with these as they are great little folders and you have made some terrific "John" style cards with them.
Enjoy your break.
Ang x
Hi John, these are great and I will certainly be treating myself to some in the not to distant future.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteI’m having awful bother with Google! I didn’t manage to leave a post at all yesterday! Sorry!
I thoroughly enjoyed the Shows and have a couple still to watch.
I ordered your flowers and leaves but Ang needed an Order too!! That’s my excuse!!
Lovely cards and boxes and a very interesting idea! You have been busy!
If you hear a scream this hasn’t posted again!
Love Myra xx
Good morning John lovely card the gerbera is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a stunning card I love it. Your shows were fantastic I am not surprised that everything sold out. I think your dies are amazing I really enjoy using them. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. I enjoyed your shows and did have to laugh when everything sold out so quickly. Love today's card as I do like to use different card shapes - very clever.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Enjoyed all the shows John, and love today’s card. Must look on the YouTube channel to see how to make this. Must also make some larger boxes. Need more time. Take care
ReplyDeleteI only have watched one of your shows and need to catch-up on the others. Congratulations on the sell outs. I love the look of the stripped ribbon and bow on this card design. I wish I could find a narrow stripped ribbon here. I have only found the 2-2 1/2 inch width stripped ribbon. For the most part, the wider ribbon does not work on my smaller USA sized cards.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card!
Congratulations on successful Hochanda shows too xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother beautiful card and your design is brilliantly created as usual.
Love the colours and your wonderful floral arrangement.
My goodies arrived from Ang this morning so now I can get on with my Granddaughter's card.
I am loving my Media plates now I need the inks too as I have been using old pigment inks at the mo, but am quite pleased with the results.
Thank you for all your wonderful tips and tutorials.
I find you can always learn something new that hasn't accurd to you from our lovely crafty friends.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Very pretty I will go and refresh my memory on this style of card now
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colour tones. Creative Blessings, Tracy x
ReplyDeleteStunning, i have to get my hands on these new embossin folders with dies.
ReplyDelete