Happy Saturday,
Its the first Demo and show of the year so If you are around the Newbury paper show then why not pop in and say Hi. I am on the Art Of Craft stand and will be demonstrating my Dies, stamps and media plates all day!
I thought I would share this card that didn't work How I wanted it to but I like the look of it anyway!
I thought of trying the cut and emboss folders on a piece of glitter card and whilst the pattern show, and the aperture cut, the pattern can only be seen when you look closely.
However not one to waste I made this up into a card!
Enjoy...
Love the card but the bow is a bit larger than I would choose. Enjoy the show.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful day in NZ - spent it on the beach with my family!
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, oh I like this one even though you say it didn't turn out as you wanted, I can just about see the embossing on the glitter card but I bet it looks even better in real life. love the bow on it too, and the stick pins look great on that embellishment.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the show
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the card John but like Jan I think the bow is to large.(sorry)
ReplyDeleteJoycex
Hi John
ReplyDeletePretty card but not my favourite.(sorry)
Jan
I can just about see the embossing on the glitter card John, it looks pretty but I agree with others that the bow is perhaps a little large.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Newbury show today.
B xx
Lovely card, not keen on the large bow though.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteOooo! I like, I like, I really, really like.
Love it actually.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx
Morning John, it's beautiful the embossing shows up quite good in the photos.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Lovely card John. Like everything about it. See you later at Newbury.
ReplyDeleteSorry, John, that bow really is too much for me. Spent some time playing with the Sandwich box die yesterday - my carpet is now covered with little bits of card as they cut so easily!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, another lovely card, but I think I like yesterdays btter.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John a lovely card made with something you were not happy with. the embossing may be subtle, but it looks great. Have a good day everyone. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card, but not the bow for my taste it's just too big.
Lydia
X
Not too keen on this one John. I don't like the way you can see the oblong aperture peeking out behind the circle topper and I am not fussed on great big bows - which always look to me as though they are trying to hide something lol. Sorry but guess you cant win em all.
ReplyDeleteLove this one John the word elegant is how I’d discribe it the bow is brill
ReplyDeleteThank you
Love June Horrocks xx
Hi John,I actually like this card even though not as you expected it to be.The only thing I would change is to hide the oblong aperture so it didn't show at all.As for the bow I love it just sets of the simplicity of the rest of the card.Have a great day,stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteWell I have to say that Barbara D has taken the words out of my mouth - and believe me that's not easy!!! Love this card, would hide the aperture and the bow is fabulous!!
Maureen x
I see what you mean John, it is a bit difficult to see the embossed pattern hence, for me, the card is a bit too plain - sorry.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John I too agree with Barbara D the card is beautiful except I would prefer to cover the aperture completely
ReplyDeleteGreat card and it’s worth trying things out Have Fun at Newbury
ReplyDeleteTrue, can't tell the embossed area. But love your bow and the way you used the stick pins to look like a tie bar.
ReplyDeleteLike the card and the use of the stick pins.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI hope you have had a lovely day! I’m joining the “ cover up the aperture completely” brigade !
I love the card apart from that! Love the way you have used the stick pins and I like the big bow too!
Many thanks,
Love Myra x
A lovely elegant card John.
ReplyDeleteI especially love the stick pins.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Jayne xx
Good Sunday morning John.
ReplyDeleteI just wish that all my mistakes turned out so well. My latest one is a case in point. I spent ages making a new baby card for a dear friend of mine who became a Grandma for the first time yesterday. The card was all ready to go in the mail when I got her message. I had used 3 lovely shades of pink and now wonder what made me think that the baby would be a girl !!! You guessed it! It's a bouncing baby BOY.
Have a laugh on me.
Marie P.